network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Prepubescent Cacodemon

Default Chrono Trigger: DS Style!

That's right kiddies, Chrono Trigger is coming to the DS.

Countdown Site
    Now, if you follow that link, you get sent to a countdown timer.

"Oh, a countdown timer with nothing on it" you may say. However, any avid Chrono Trigger player will notice the nostalgic ticking made by the clock. Also, if you look at the link, at the end it says: "CTDS." Hmmmmm, I wonder what THAT could mean? (Chrono Trigger, DS, Maybe?)

Now, if only PSP would get a tasty little treat like this.

What is it some time altering shooter?????
    KillBoT's Insight. DeathBot's sanity.

Spot Veteran

Nah, it is arguably one of the best rpg's ever. I think this is the only game I played more then Final Fantasy VI back in the SNES days. Here is some info on Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger for SNES - Chrono Trigger SNES - Chrono Trigger SNES Game

News Poster

Yeah I heard about this a few days ago. Although its Chrono Trigger for the DS, we don't know if its going to be 3D or old school with cutscenes. With kids used to 3D these days I am pretty confident that this is going in the same direction as ffiii and ffiv. Hopefully we get more info soon. They are not making it for psp because they are planning Dissidia and KH and they probably know people just emulate the Snes on psp to play CT.:rolleyes: (or they bought the ps1 FF Chronicles pack and play that on the psp)
    Changed name to AccessGranted 8/29/2010 putting this old profile to rest.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rockeranimefreak View Post
    Yeah I heard about this a few days ago. Although its Chrono Trigger for the DS, we don't know if its going to be 3D or old school with cutscenes. With kids used to 3D these days I am pretty confident that this is going in the same direction as ffiii and ffiv. Hopefully we get more info soon. They are not making it for psp because they are planning Dissidia and KH and they probably know people just emulate the Snes on psp to play CT.:rolleyes: (or they bought the ps1 FF Chronicles pack and play that on the psp)
    I really hope SE leaves the graphics as they are, but I would be completely ok with adding new content, especially new techs. This thread actually made me whip out my SNES (haha it has been about 6 years) and Chrono Trigger cartridge....amazingly everything still works perfectly! I cannot wait for the re-release, the psx Chrono Trigger did not give the game proper justice in my opinion.

News Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stang View Post
    I really hope SE leaves the graphics as they are, but I would be completely ok with adding new content, especially new techs. This thread actually made me whip out my SNES (haha it has been about 6 years) and Chrono Trigger cartridge....amazingly everything still works perfectly! I cannot wait for the re-release, the psx Chrono Trigger did not give the game proper justice in my opinion.
    Your hopes have been answered! 16 bit 2d ftw! (trailer)

:up:
    Changed name to AccessGranted 8/29/2010 putting this old profile to rest.

Spot Veteran

Awesome! Thanks for the trailer

You know you are a geek when you gets chills from hearing the opening tune

I never actually beat Chrono Trigger. I think I stopped at the last battle, >_>. Nonetheless, I still can't wait for the game.

But I thought his name was Crono, not Chrono? Eh, small difference.

Noob Hater/Anon Alliance

I'd much rather play the snes rom on my psp.

PSP= PHAT 5.00 M33-3

IF I'VE HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY DONATE POINTS