network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator

Default [Review] Zoo Tycoon

* Difficulty: Very Hard
    * Time Spent: 10 Hours or Less

"Total letdown"

When I first bought zoo tycoon for the ds I thought that I was buying a great game based on what I had played on the PC. However to my dissapointment it couldn't have got any worse, is was the worst game I have ever played on the ds and haven't played the game for over two years.

I was under the impression that to add items into the playing area you would be able drag and drop them using the stylus, however this again is not true you have to use the d-pad to place the object down. This also applies to animals.

On the PC version to view the stats of animals etc. you simply click on the animal however sadly on the ds version you cannot click on anything in the playing area since the game is played on the top screen and not on the touch screen.

Overall the game is not very playable and is generally very hard to controll. What ever you do don't buy this game, I would recommend that you spend the money expanding the PC version e.g. buying the Marine Mania expansion pack.

2.0/10

Coder

Well thanks, I was considering buying it; I'll spend my money elsewhere and just stick with the PC version.

I played it for about 10 minutes before I realized what a piece of garbage it was. I immediately deleted it from my msd..

Administrator

I just don't get how they can release such a game. It surely was just not profitable.

Coder

DS games dont take much to make like console games do. Besides, it has the name, and just that will make it sell. I doubt they got rich off the game but they probably at least broke even.