network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Pokemon Blue Rescue Team - Review

I am going to review the Nintendo DS game

Pokemon: Blue Rescue Team

This game is one of many Pokemon games brought out onto a Nintendo Handheld system, it is entirely about Pokemon and it includes the same Pokemon in the game as many of the GBA releases of games such as Pokemon Blue, Red, Gold etc. but it has a bit of a twist, it differs from the other Pokemon games because the storyline is completely different.

In this game, YOU are actually a Pokemon, you walk around as a Pokemon and battle other Pokemon throughout your journeys. You meet lots of Pokemon throughout your journeys, and you have the opportunity to become friends with them, and they join you in going off to do quests and saving other Pokemon from Peril...

The beginning of this game lags on quite a bit, introducing you to controls, what to do etc. but once getting into the storyline (after a long few hours of Gameplay) it's quite fun and will appeal to any Pokemon game fan.

In the beginning of this game, you answer questions which figures out what sort of Personality you have, the game then, matches you with a Pokemon with the same personality as you! You then choose a partner, and you venture off to save Pokemon and do lots of missions, which include... saving friends, defeating foes, helping others and more. You have your own house, and the decor of it varies depending on what type of Pokemon you are. e.g If you were a Bulbusaur, you would have a grass house etc.

When you are on your journeys, you can recruit new Pokemon into your team and become stronger, but you can only have 4 Pokemon in your team at any one time...

The look of this game is quite appealing for the DS, but maybe not for the Wii, it is 2D (as are all of the handheld pokemon games) and the graphics are at an acceptable standard, but they could be improved.

The sounds in this game are the same of those in other Pokemon games, where there are the occasional sound effects and alot of simple music going on in the background. The controls are very different from the other versions of Pokemon because you are the Pokemon all along, and there is an optional setting of using the touch screen to move etc.

This game is fully compatible with the GameBoy Advance game Pokemon: Red Rescue Team and can be connected using the Dual Slot Function on your Nintendo DS, so that if you get trapped whilst on a rescue mission, you can use the other game to rescue yourself, which is quite benificial in some ways.

All in all i would give this game a Reasonable 5 or 6/10, whereas IGN gave it a 5.6.

I would give the Gameplay:

Graphics:

Sounds:

and i would give the playability:

It isn't a game where you would pick it up for a quick play, you would have to be playing for a while to get into it, but it is a fun game and can be played after completion, you would just have to trade the way you play and the Pokemon.

I wouldn't recommend getting this game because it lags on quite a bit and doesn't match up to the standards (Pearl = IGN - 8.5/10) of other Pokemon games so anybody with high expectations may be disappointed.

sbarkeri and rhinos and jazzer15 are the best!

Spot Veteran

nice reveiw *cough*

have a nice day
    Last edited by Rhinos; 11-04-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Administrator

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Rhinos... you post reviews and if they are better than mine then i will applaud you.

I work as a reviewer for many sites so if you are gonna be sarcastic and cocky then don't be. If it's just the game then no need to take the piss out of me, it's just that I made that one a while back and wanted to post it.

You have a nice day
    sbarkeri and rhinos and jazzer15 are the best!

VIP Helper

O.o a big fan of pokemon (screw u rhinos ull never understand how good pokemon will be) i have this game but unfortunatley ive been caught up in so much stuff i never even took the foil wrap off the game cover aww well if i ever get the time ill get to it but nice review all the same man! keep it up

Rescue Red and Blue were pretty cool, Time and Darkness perfect the branch-off.

CLICK HERE!.... NOW
    ^^ Click it to go to my website^^
    PSP 1001 version history