network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultra Member

Default [Release] CFW for Acekard RPG & Acekard 2

This is probably old to some people here but I don`t see much of DS FWs and CFWs posted on the site so I decided I will post something here for everyone to use and have access to. Here is a custom firmware for the Acekard RPG & Acekard 2 called AKAIO 1.2. See below for details.

AKAIO 1.2 Custom Firmware for the Acekard RPG/Acekard2
    + New AKRPG/AK2 Detection Routine which has proven to be much better
    + Cheat Update functions run from plugin, giving full memory access to it and allowing updates without full AKAIO updates
    - Can choose to download USRCHEAT.DAT or CHEATS.XML and whether or not to display "Whats New" before launching
    - Should be much more stable, perhaps a teeny bit faster
    - Third option in "which cheat file to download" box displays the setting window at plugin launch, can be used for future expansion
    + Preliminary AK+ Support. Very preliminary. As in, no help offered but know it's still being worked on (See: AK+ SUPPORT)
    + New Experimental Cheat engine for AK2 and AKRPG, please report any bugs
    + EZIV compatiblity fixed without need for special line in globalsettings.ini
    + Scrolling Non-unicode Cheats/Notes, toggle in Advanced Options (default: on)
    - Can also call cheat window in ROM Properties with SELECT (if button is visible)
    + Simple Internal Text Reader
    - System Settings -> TXT Viewer
    - Parses text, add bookmarks with X, scroll between bookmarks with L/R Buttons
    - Not as fast as native TXT plugin due to pre-processing of text files, perhaps if we had the TXT Plugin source things could be done, but that would make sense.
    + Per ROM rumble settings, ROM Options window
    + Listview mode remembered
    + 3in1 Support should be fixed, with thanks to cory1492 for testing
    + GBA Frame issue with Slot-2 booting from main list fixed
    + Asian languages should be better supported, since we're compiling the menu with DevKitARM 21
    + Variable Height Scrollbars and clickable arrows in cheat window/internal TXT viewer. 3 new BMPs for skinning: scrollbar_t.bmp/scrollbar_m.bmp/scrollbar_b.bmp
    + Super awesome hidden poweroff button in help window, add your own "poweroff.bmp" to "__aio" for fun
    To install make sure you delete the _rpg file and the akmenu4.nds file and just drag and drop the new CFW.

This is off the GBAtemp.net site in which you can go here for access. All credit goes to the creators of this CFW! For all those who use Acekard RPGs and Acekard 2s, have fun!

Also if you prefer to use Acekard`s original firmware go here to download the latest original firmware.

Below is the CFW, I have uploaded it here for all to use.
    Attached Files
    Thanx to NinjaPanda for making me this ↑.

i just tried it on my AK2 and i don't see any difference between this and the official firmware.

Ultra Member

Sorry dude, I don`t own a AK2 so I have no idea what that firware is like. It was posted on a GBATemp site so I figured I would post it here.
    Thanx to NinjaPanda for making me this ↑.