network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Retired

Default September 1st Apple event coverage

Without going into too much detail, here's a coverage of the biggest announcements from this event.

All prices are in USD. Google Chrome has previously been known for incompatibility with viewing sub-spoilers.
    If you're unable to view some content, try switching over to FireFox or Internet Explorer temporarily.
    iOS

iPods

iTunes and Apple TV
    Last edited by Vectro; 09-02-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Updated thread

Spotter got spotted!

Sounds pretty interesting! I'm not sure what to think about the new iPod Nano, but I'm sure it'll do well for a while. It looks nice, but in all fairness you'd be better off just getting an iPod touch. Better experience
    Other than that, I'm looking forward to the release of the iPod touch 4G and iOS 4.1. They all sound great

Retired

The nano is a bit of a disappointment IMO.
    The Shuffle is the way it should be. It doesn't need any more generations in the next two years or so.

It's like they're just copying their own devices back and forth and slapping on a new title.
    "This will change everything"...

Wut?

Nano should have stayed with the physical controls. Some people can't stand touch screens and want to have something that they can actually press.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    The nano is a bit of a disappointment IMO.
    The Shuffle is the way it should be. It doesn't need any more generations in the next two years or so.

It's like they're just copying their own devices back and forth and slapping on a new title.
    "This will change everything"...
    I agree with you but you can't really blame them, almost every major company is doing the same thing. For example, Sony did it with their psp's and Nintendo did it with their ds's not to mention the slimming down of the Xbox and the Ps3.

They all either slimmed up their consoles or made minor adjustments to them. Which kind of makes sense since all those products are associated worldwide to it's pertaining company. So changing them up to much all the time just wouldn't seem right it would be like asking them to change their companies name every once in a while just for the kicks of it.

I for one actually like the new Nano might not be crazy 'bout it but it seems like something I would be willing to use especially for working out, plus it looks like something consumers would be interested in purchasing.

Elite Poster

I'm good with my 3GS but..

SSSHHHHIIIIITTTTTTSSSSSOOOOOONNNN!