network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Poster

To be able to make Consolespot increase more members, and actually make people visit consolespot more and etc, lets actually make people REGISTER to view threads,search,view member's profile and stuff, so that people will POST more, Visit the site more, and actually invite friend's to go to this site!

As i saw this site this morning, it has a tremendous difference of members and guests check it out

Currently Active Users: 142 (8 members and 134 guests)

Most users ever online was 3,756, 06-28-2010 at 11:19 PM.
    Legend: [Webmaster] [Administrator] [Super Moderator] [Moderator] [News Poster] [VIP Helper] [XMB Creator] [Spot Member]

Vodka., ckymike, elatteFrima, JoRockz, miri, pamz12, Sora23xd, windowsvista
    Console Spot Forums - PSP DS PS3 Xbox 360 Wii XMB Statistics

Threads: 27,808, Posts: 294,574, Members: 270,632
    Welcome to our newest member, Tomarough1m

sorry no screenshot cause im using a mac and i dont know how thanks!

Currently Active Users: 251 (4 members and 247 guests)
    WOW... :O

Currently Active Users: 725 (8 members and 717 guests)

Why did i not post in the Suggestions thread? Because there are lots of post
    and if i post it here, i am pretty sure some people will actually come by
    and take their time to read my thread

How is making people register in this forum gonna make people more active?

I think this posts answers everything

Quote Originally Posted by Hurarah View Post
    first I came for themes then I sign'd up and posted a thread. It was then when I started togo on here everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by x12king View Post
    i was either looking for themes or it was when i started my cfw hunt. i was hooked in ever since
    Quote Originally Posted by petfood56 View Post
    i was looking for themes and i found this site and liked it so much i stayed
    wow alot of people found this site looking for themes lol
    Last edited by Droid; 08-22-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Posts Merged
    --><--

Spotter got spotted!

It's good to see you want to help out here and see if there are any ways to increase activity, but isn't it a big change to pretty much lock guests out of the site

Retired

You're thinking the right way, but you're basing the ideas on incorrect facts. The built in traffic counter in the user legend box (showing what members are online) is way off.

The user legend yesterday said we had three members and 800 unregistered visitors.
    The member counter is correct, but the guest counter is way off.

The widget at the bottom of each page is the accurate one, displaying the total amount of people online.
    Looks like this:

Ultra Member

So that means 33 people are logged on.

I've always wondered what that little icon was......

NOTE: It never said "online" before.... or so I think.

Elite Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    You're thinking the right way, but you're basing the ideas on incorrect facts. The built in traffic counter in the user legend box (showing what members are online) is way off.

The user legend yesterday said we had three members and 800 unregistered visitors.
    The member counter is correct, but the guest counter is way off.

The widget at the bottom of each page is the accurate one, displaying the total amount of people online.
    Looks like this:
    Oh ? Lets just hope the new concept of Consolespot can actually magnetize people to check out Consolespot site
    --><--

Retired

The theme doesn't make the forum. The users makes it, but for the users to make it they need proper management, including active administrators.

I know a discussion forum (no, not a community) where they over time had to remove elementary community stuff to be able to expand. Image signatures, usergroup removals (there's only a Member, Moderator and Administrator usergroup) and stuff like that made it expand further. On a daily basis, every forum section gets 50 new threads, more or less. There are "only" 450,000 members, of whom 100 are moderators.

Content is also a big factor in the success of a site. Well written up to date news is always an up side.

Ive been on a few sites and the one I was on had daily active members of over 900, and about 1300 guests. This was due to the content on the site and good management.
    ~-Recent Work-~

~-Favorite Piece-~

__________________________________________________ _________

Spotter got spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    The theme doesn't make the forum. The users makes it, but for the users to make it they need proper management, including active administrators.

I know a discussion forum (no, not a community) where they over time had to remove elementary community stuff to be able to expand. Image signatures, usergroup removals (there's only a Member, Moderator and Administrator usergroup) and stuff like that made it expand further. On a daily basis, every forum section gets 50 new threads, more or less. There are "only" 450,000 members, of whom 100 are moderators.
    Psyko's right. Even hearing about this place makes me want to check it out and see what it's like. We need to try and make ConsoleSpot a bit more like that. More members, referring, posting, more news. We all need to work on that. I'll try be a bit more active in the last few days I have before school starts. After that I'll only really get less than half the time to come on. But that's the stuff we need to work on alright.

Screenshot on a Mac is Command+Shift+3. Thank you Google.

Anyways, there is a lack of content on ConsoleSpot. We need to hire new News Posters to update the site with the latest gaming news. Ask yourself this question. Why do you visit ConsoleSpot? I know that most of the active users are here because of the community, right? Well in my opinion that shouldn't be the reason. Not everyone wants to be a part of a forum community. The content on this site must attract the attention of the visitors.

I like the ideas you have Driod, but we shouldn't have to force users to sign up to view our content. That just leaves us with more inactive users. Look at the quotes you posted in the main post. All of those people joined for their PSP needs. Well to be honest, the PSP scene is dead. ConsoleSpot isn't the hot and fresh PSP site like it was a year ago, maybe even longer. We need to become a more professional and reliable source for gaming news. The site needs to turn their attention to more thriving topics such as Xbox 360 and PS3 releases. I can tell we are already heading in this direction. I saw the new theme and it looks amazing. Now we just need a community to build off of this new change.

Yall catchin' what I be droppin' over heer?!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    Yall catchin' what I be droppin' over heer?!
    Not really, what exactly is it that you'd be droppin? :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast