network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Nintendo launching new DS with camera, music player and more

Its no rumor Nintendo has plans to launch a new version of the popular
    Nintendo DS handheld game console by the end of this year, and it sounds like they are doing more than just adding new colors this time. The new model, yet to be named, will feature a camera and music player, putting itself in competition with a larger number of portable devices and opening up a whole mess of new game possibilities.

This news does not come straight from Nintendo, or at least not yet. It does however come from the Sunday edition of The Nikkei Business Daily, which is a well renowned newspaper in Japan. The new DS from Nintendo is expected to cost around $190 in Japan compared to the $158 price tag on the current DS. The DS goes for $129 currently in the United States.

Nintendo is also reportedly planning on adding some enhanced wireless capabilities, allowing the device to connect to central terminals to gain information about your surrounding area.

Nintendo is planning on officially announcing this new product on Thursday at a press conference in Tokyo and as you might expect, it will likely launch in Japan first before coming stateside. It’s expected in Japan yet this year but no date for going overseas has been set.

The main competition lately for the Nintendo DS is Sony’s Playstation Portable (PSP). According to Enterbrain, the DS outsells the PSP globally the PSP has been coming ahead consistently for months in Japan.

Source
    Useful Threads
    [x] [x] [x] [x]

XMB Creator

that sounds awsome
    @AnilKieranMehmi

Elite Poster

The DS's future is looking good!

Lol what the hell...

Sounds cool to me, but I'm still not gonna buy it, I need to be more convinced.

Spot Veteran

will it still have GBA support?

hm... I think it will if not there is still the DS lite that price is probably gonna go way down to like $69 or something. The GBA has no furute in my opninon they should like just make games downloadable like at gamestores all you have to do is download it wirelessly just like DS-play if you shut it down you can't play anymore, sounds lame but it'll be reasonable. Just my thoughts
    Useful Threads
    [x] [x] [x] [x]