network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cracked hinge

Default Cracked hinge

I was about to power up and open my nintendo ds when I heard some sort of a loud "snap". Then I checked the hinge only to find it damaged like this:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this can be fixed, right?

Cracked hinges can be fixed, but you have to fix it yourself and would would have to buy the ds shell and the screwdrivers for the ds, mine snapped when i opened it too for no apparent reason and im extremely careful

I'd rather get it done at the shop than do it myself. You know, leave it to the experts.

ON3

yeah 2d you cant do it by yourself you might mess up. If you have warranty on that ds get a new one or take it to a shop, but be carefull not to mess with the hinge or the ds might break in half lol just like my cousins ds.
    Last edited by ON3; 04-19-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Ipod Touch 1G: J-Broke 3.1.2
    Psp 1000:5.50 GEN-D3
    Had a DS Lite:R4 SDHC then sold it n now i have a DSi:Acekard2i
    Wii:Ver:4.1 w/Homebrew Channel

Spot Veteran

The warranty on a DS doesn't go as far as any phhysical Damage. If im not mistaken thats a DS Lite...? or DSi right, those have a design flaw in the hinges causing them to be pretty flimsy... me and my brother both got DS's when the DS Lites came out, I bought a regular DS while he got the Lite. After about 2 months the hinge, where yours is cracked, actually broke off completely... Still under warranty he calls Nintendo and they tell him that any physical damage, doesnt matter how it happened, you have to pay $75 to get it fixed. while my touch screen messed up and they fixed that for free. So... what I'm trying to say is, Nintendo says any physical damage will not be fixed by them for free, under warranty or not. If I were you I'd just glue it since its not that much damage, but that's me.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Spot Veteran

Mine broke in half, then i got a PSP
    I recommend taking it to a third-party store

@afterlife1230 I owned my ds lite since 2007, the hinge cracked only a few days ago.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by freedomstrike9999 View Post
    @afterlife1230 I owned my ds lite since 2007, the hinge cracked only a few days ago.
    I wasn't saying how long you have had it, I was stating that the DS Lite's have a hinge flaw, I'm guessing you were way more careful than my brother, even so, Nintendo even told my brother that this was a very common problem with the DS Lite's. I'd still say a quick fix is glue, but if you want to make sure it's fixed do what others say and take it to a third party store. If you send it to Nintendo they'll make you pay around $75 just to get it fixed, at least that's what it was when my brother called Nintendo.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230
    I wasn't saying how long you have had it, I was stating that the DS Lite's have a hinge flaw.
    freedomstrike9999, READ!

freedomstrike9999 has difficulty understanding, it's very difficult communicating with him (I know him in real-life) our conversation always end up in sadness and frustration (it's that bad) regardless the method of communication; verbal, written or otherwise.

ANYWAYS! it's widely known that the Nintendo DS Lite's hinge is flawed, mine hasn't gone "*snap!*" yet though but I've a feeling it might break soon. Also haven't I told you before already, freedomstrike9999, this thing can be fixed at a cost? And the price is about $80 by changing the whole casing/shell/cover.
    Last edited by defunct32; 04-22-2010 at 04:09 AM.