network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Spot Veteran

Default iPod Touch iOS 4

Why does it suck the battery overnight with the new iOS? It's annoying to wake up, get my day started and don't unlock my iPod until after I left the house and it's almost dead...
    ______

Ultra Member

Did you enable native multitasking? If so, that kills the battery. And do you listen to music while sleeping?

If those two don't help, just turn it off b4 you sleep.

Yeah if you enabled the features that were disabled in the Os then it will kill your battery hella fast

Retired

What model is it?

Also, if you activated multitasking on a device that doesn't natively support it, it'll discharge your battery a tad faster.

I have the 8GB 3G iPod. I disabled all the spotlight search options, disabled bluetooth, wifi (when not in use) and location services.

The battery is still dead in a day or so. I've been experiencing crashes and REALLY bad lag with games and folders. Heck I even disabled homescreen wallpapers (both the iOS 4 one and the winterboard one)

Aside of that, disable native homescreen wallpaper feature if you hacktivated it. Disable multitasking if you don't find yourself using that too often.

Ultra Member

That is weird how all of you xperience hi battery usage. I have iPod Touch 3G 32GB and I use IOS4.0 (Jailbroken), but have no problems with the battery, it is as it was when I was in 3.1.3.
    Thanx to NinjaPanda for making me this ↑.

Quote Originally Posted by Junya8971 View Post
    That is weird how all of you xperience hi battery usage. I have iPod Touch 3G 32GB and I use IOS4.0 (Jailbroken), but have no problems with the battery, it is as it was when I was in 3.1.3.
    3rd Gen 8Gig ipod touch is the same as the 2nd Gen ipod touch. the 32 and 64G ones are the faster ones

Also to the person who said his 8Gig 3rd gen model is experiencing crashing, you should update to apple 4.0, and run Jailbreakme.com and it runs fine, no multi tasking or wallpapers but you get folders and it runs fine

Retired

The latest 8GB iPod Touch is the 2G one. It was never discontinued nor was it ever announced as a 3G model. People refer to it as the 8GB 3G one, or 8GB MC 2G.

In other words, only the 32/64GB have the new hardware, and according to the specs, the battery is slightly improved.
    Plus, with the better hardware it'll have an easier time multitasking and so forth, which means less CPU use which means less battery use.

If I'm not mistaking, iOS 4.1 will improve speed as well as stability mainly for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G