network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Retired

Default iOS 4.0 on 2G hardware

Am I the only one who's been experiencing some major lag with my iPod touch 3G 8GB since I updated it to 4.0?
    The update pretty much has four new major features. Folders, multitasking, home screen backgrounds and battery percentage (for iPod's)
    Folders were the only thing I got on my device.
    Furthermore, Apple wont add GameCenter for the second iteration of the iPod Touch and iPhone 3G. Dropping two year old models like dead fish, unlike other developers who still release games for decade old consoles. (PS2)

Apart from that, apps were crashing every now and then. Some apps would just freeze and wouldn't let me use the iPod until I did a hard shutdown.

I for one downgraded back to 3.1.3.

How about you other iPod 2G/iPhone 3G owners who use iOS 4.0. What makes it worth it? What's keeping you from downgrading?

Ultra Member

My brother experienced lag also, and downgraded to 3.1.2 (Because he didn't backup his 3.1.3 blobs)
    Last edited by Dripz167; 08-18-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Spotter got spotted!

I only experience a few minor glitches about once a week. Apart from that, I'm happy with iOS 4.0 on my iPod Touch 3G 8GB

I have ipod touch 3g 32gb jailbroken by JBme, so far IOS4 is no problem with me!
    PSP SLIM 3000 - Chickhen 5.03

iOS4 is very laggy and unresponsive at times on my iPod Touch 2G. The iPod is jailbroken, but even without a jailbreak I experience the same slow speeds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    iOS4 is very laggy and unresponsive at times on my iPod Touch 2G. The iPod is jailbroken, but even without a jailbreak I experience the same slow speeds as well.
    yes thats true, IOS4 is design to iphone 3gs, ipod touch 3g, and iphone 4, but steve job, says next ios update will fix, problem in 2nd gen itouch, iphone 3g, and also fix for iphone 4 issue
    PSP SLIM 3000 - Chickhen 5.03

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    Yep. Apparently, iOS 4.1 will take care of that for us 2G users (as well as iPhone 3G users)

Some guy even did a parody of some Apple commercial, showing off his ridiculously slow iPhone 3G running 4.0...

I have ipod touch 3g 32gb jailbroken by JBme, so far IOS4 is no problem with me!