network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Administrator

Default [Tutorial] Use Sixaxis Controller On Your PC

I found this 'hack' on DCEMU but it was slightly confusing at first, so I am writing a better tutorial to make it easier for non-experienced PC users to understand.

1. Download the attached .rar file
    2. Extract the .rar file to a folder on your desktop
    3. Install the app 'libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe' this is located in the folder you just extracted
    4. Plug the SIXAXIS controller into your PC
    5. Run 'ps3sixaxis_en.exe' this will open and exit almost immediately
    6. Hold the PS button for around 10 seconds, NOTE: YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHEN THE CONTROLLER IS LINKED WITH THE PC IN THE NORMAL WAY YOU WOULD KNOW IT IS LINKED WITH THE PS3
    7. Go to Start>Control Panel>Games Controllers and you should see 'PLAYSTATION(R)3 Conrtoller
    if it is linked correctly
    8. Click on the controller and then Properties, when you move the SIXAXIS controller you should see the screen crosshair on the screen move.

NOTE: YOU CANNOT USE THE SIXAXIS CONTROLLER TO CONTROL YOUR MOUSE OR ANY OTHER WINDOWS APPLICATION. YOU NEED TO BE PLAYING A GAME (I.E. BIOSHOCK) TO BE ABLE TO USE THE CONTROLLER

This worked for me and if you have any problems either post here or PM me, when you post or PM me don't just say 'I couldn't get it to work...HELP!!!' say how far you got or if the controller is showing up in control panel, give a logical explanation.
    Attached Files

Ultra Member

Nice find, but I don't own a PS3 so I can't try it out

Wow pretty cool.

VIP Helper

dam i already bought game pad adaptors for this kinda thing -_-. Aww well ill try it out and see what happens. No harm right? lol

In a trash can on the side of the road next to a power outlet with my laptop

EDIT: Wow not only did it not work, but it screwed up my PC and gave me the blue screen of death and a crash, forcing me to uninstall and waste a few hours trying to fix it. Thanx, but no thanx. I did everything you said, then when i click on the thing.exe thats supposed to flash really quick the PC screen turns blue with a bunch of text i don't have time to read and crashes.
    Last edited by GamefreQ; 11-12-2007 at 02:13 PM.

in the river with an extension cord for my PSP

i installed the program plugged the ps3 controller in ran unpacked that file and it doesnt show up in game controllers after i hold the ps button
    Last edited by Wildboy99; 11-13-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Ultra Member

lol, I have had this for awhile and it works for me, thx for posting

Okay, I downloaded it, and I get a RAR file, not a .ZIP can someone help me out?

I <3 Big Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by hithere11234 View Post
    Okay, I downloaded it, and I get a RAR file, not a .ZIP can someone help me out?
    Need to obtain Winrar. RARlabs.com is a good place to start

Just click on the Download tab on the left.
    Last edited by Gman17; 01-09-2008 at 02:47 AM.

PSN: DeadlyGmn

Ultra Member

I always use the ps3 controller for my pc it's really good and it works really well with most games. If you get a program called pinical profiler it sets up the controller to be used with the game. You can also use it as a mouse.