network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com

View Poll Results: Do you think it's Safe?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 64.29%
  • No

5 35.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I <3 Big Boobies

Default Ps3 Slim Vertical Question

As most of you already know I got a new monitor.
    Anyway I moved my ps3 recently to my desk, Now since saturday I had it standing vertically.

My Question is, Is it safe??

Sony kinda confuses me on two things, On the manual it saids do not stand it up right. But then again they sell the stand to make it stand vertically.

Does anyone here have it stand vertically aswell?
    Or can someone provide me good detailed info by what sony meant

PSN: DeadlyGmn

Cookie Monstah!!!

simply they said not to put it vertically because even with a little hit it will fall but if u have the stand up thing there is no risk at all.

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=

Ultra Member

Trust man Gman, I put my 360 in vertical pos. ONCE. Got a 360 degree ring on my pgr3 game. Now I know a ps3 isn't a 360, but still, the same rule could apply.

I say that because I DROPPED my ps3 w/ Ratchet and clank:TOD in it.... not a scratch. It might have been luck, but don't risk it.

I <3 Big Boobies

Mine is at a corner. Enough space for air. But it has a small risk of tipping over or falling on the floor.

Retired

IMO it looks really good having it vertical, but there's no chance in hell it's worth risking to have it tipping over just for the looks of it.

@dripz: Lmao, how did you manage to drop a PS3? It's not like you carry it around or something...

Nice poll btw...

Unknown

Default to include info

If you want to stand the ps3 slim vertically then you need this stand. I got one for my slim and it is safe. Even tried tipping it over myself just to test it out and i must say, It added alot of support. e.g. put your ps3 slim to stand vertically then tilt it to the right. There's no support under there but try tilting it to the left and you will notice that it's more stable on that end and is not as easy to tilt as the right side. The stand adds support on the lower right of the ps3 { when put to stand vertically}

look at this image and you'll see where the support is added.

I say you need this if you want to stand vertically. Slim looks too sexy with it . lol

Edit:
    The only warnings on the packaging are
    1. Check that there are no spaces between the stand and the system
    2. Do not lift the system by the stand only
    Last edited by Kalitrius; 05-11-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Ultra Member

Funny this is that I had it on the arm of my couch (DUMBASS ME, for wifi.) and the stupid ass cat went out the fire escape, so I rushed to get her away from it, and my elbow hit it. My heartt skipped a beat when I heard that thud.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

I think its safe. I was also thinking of doing this for my PS3, but I really don't have a good place to put it standing vertically. So its just sitting horizontally under the TV.

I <3 Big Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitrius View Post
    If you want to stand the ps3 slim vertically then you need this stand. I got one for my slim and it is safe. Even tried tipping it over myself just to test it out and i must say, It added alot of support. e.g. put your ps3 slim to stand vertically then till it to the right. There's no support under there but try tilting it to the left and you will notice that it's more stable on that end and is not as easy to tilt as the right side. The stand adds support on the lower right of the ps3 { when put to stand vertically}

look at this image and you'll see where the support is added.

I say you need this if you want to stand vertically. Slim looks too sexy with it . lol

It looks like it only to support it from tipping over mostly. Hmm I don't think am that high enough risk.

Quote Originally Posted by leo9891 View Post
    I think its safe. I was also thinking of doing this for my PS3, but I really don't have a good place to put it standing vertically. So its just sitting horizontally under the TV.
    I could have made a little shelf for it under my desk or something, But I feel there isnt enough air flow. being the computer has the best air flow under my desk.

Spot Veteran

I know people who have it vertically
    As long as you are not a complete dumbass, then it won't tip