network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: My Ps3=YLoD!

  1. #1
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    583

    Default My Ps3=YLoD!

    Well,I wish I would never have to type this,but my 2 year old 40gb Spiderman edition ps3 got the YLoD a few nights ago and the worst part is I didn't back up any of my data,lots of hours into my save games,150+ hours just into fallout 3,my last slot on my main account,hundreds of dollars of downloaded games/DLC. Sony wants $170CDN for the repairs or most likely a refurb model (all my data would be wiped)because its past warranty,so I was thinking about trying to fix it. I've read that it can be 1 of 2 things, either a bad power supply or the CPU and GPU need to be heated up with a heat gun to re connect the solder. I'm really hoping its just the power supply because that is a quick and easy fix. I'm just waiting for a buddy to come with the tools and a couple power supplies to test out. Sony has gotten enough of my money ($399 for ps3, $600+ in games) and I find it absolutely ridiculous that they charge that much for something that is entirely their fault,the Sony rep told me it overheated because it didn't have enough airflow to it,well lemme just say that it sits on top of a open shelf with 4 feet of space on each side and has been since i bought it,also it got the YLoD after only being on for 15 minutes that is why I think it could just be the power supply. I might make a video of bringing it back from the dead if I can.

  2.    
  3. #2
    Retired
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Well, first of all; when it comes to the money, all your purchases are stored in your account, not in your PS3. The actual data is stored in your PS3, but the purchase verification is on the account.

    Almost all games that you can purchase from PSN can be downloaded up to 5 times.

    Just saying...

  4. #3
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    Well, first of all; when it comes to the money, all your purchases are stored in your account, not in your PS3. The actual data is stored in your PS3, but the purchase verification is on the account.

    Almost all games that you can purchase from PSN can be downloaded up to 5 times.

    Just saying...
    I've gameshared and my account is already registered on 5 different ps3s.....

  5. #4
    Retired
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchcook420 View Post
    I've gameshared and my account is already registered on 5 different ps3s.....
    Tell Sony about it. Hopefully they'll migrate the data for you, or something like that.
    Tell them to pretty please help you transfer your savadatas and stuff to your new PS3.

  6. #5
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    Tell Sony about it. Hopefully they'll migrate the data for you, or something like that.
    Tell them to pretty please help you transfer your savadatas and stuff to your new PS3.
    Yeah if worst comes to worst I will send it to Sony,but I'm gonna try to fix it with a buddy because it could just be the power supply and that is like a $30 fix

  7. #6
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Well, is the HDD affected in any way? Because if not, take it out before you send your ps3 in. That way you'll save all your save data, and games.

    It's not like the HDD is built in built in. It's pretty easy to uninstall, from the looks of it.
    Last edited by Dripz167; 06-13-2010 at 11:20 AM.


  8. #7
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dripz167 View Post
    Well, is the HDD affected in any way? Because if not, take it out before you send your ps3 in. That way you'll save all your save data, and games.

    It's not like the HDD is built in built in. It's pretty easy to uninstall, from the looks of it.
    The hdd is not affected,but each ps3 hdd is encrypted to that certain ps3,hence why if you put a hdd from one ps3 into another it asks you to format it,The Sony rep told me I needed to include my hdd when I send my ps3 away,so thats why I'm gonna attempt the repairs myself.....

  9. #8
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A place I don't wanna be.
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Just take out the HDD and connect it to a computer, backup your data on the computer and then put it back and send it in, then once you get the fixed/new PS3 you can take the HDD out of that too and recopy all the savedata/DLC/anything else. I'm sure you could do that, right?

    Wanna request a sig click the [X]

  10. #9
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    Just take out the HDD and connect it to a computer, backup your data on the computer and then put it back and send it in, then once you get the fixed/new PS3 you can take the HDD out of that too and recopy all the savedata/DLC/anything else. I'm sure you could do that, right?
    nope, its not possible to back it up on a pc like that,already thought about it and did some research about it,I wish it was that easy

  11. #10
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Proxima Centauri
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchcook420 View Post
    nope, its not possible to back it up on a pc like that,already thought about it and did some research about it,I wish it was that easy
    I've heard of people doing it...
    I'm sure you can at least get the save data, copy it on a USB, and migrate it from the USB to the new PS3
    Then, as Psyko said, you can re-download your games and pretty-please ask Sony





 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts