network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Default [PSN Releases] PSN Store Update 8/2/2010

Hey guys, I figured I'd just start a weekly PSN Release Thread for new releases or updates on the PSN Store. I will include Games, Videos, and Comics. I will only post updates from the US PSN Store. if anyone wants to post their own country's PSN Store Release Thread, go right ahead, you can even use my format of the thread to do yours if you'd like.
    Now the Video and Comic Updates come a little earlier than the PSN Store Game Updates so I'll post every thing once the PSN Game Updates are released so I don't wanna hear anyone saying, "Oh i been knew dat dis komic wuz on da PS Store."

Now that we got that settled, lets get started shall we!

Game Releases & Updates
    8/2/2010

All of this weeks PSN Games are just price updates, nothing new, but its still good to see price drops... unless you bought one of these games the day before... which would suck to be you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStaion Blog
    PS3
    Fat Princess – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
    PixelJunk Shooter – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
    Groovin’ Blocks – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
    Madden NFL Arcade – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
    Wakeboarding HD – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.

PSP
    The Eye of Judgment Legends – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
    echoshift – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
    Patchwork Heroes – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
    Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
    Lunar Silver Star Harmony – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.

minis
    Tetris – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
    Dracula Undead Awakenings – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
    Monsters Probably Stole My Princess – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
    Zombie Tycoon – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
    Bloons – $1.49 sale; $2.99 reg.
    Video Releases & Updates
    7/30/2010

Jersey Shore Season 2, which takes place in Miami FL, Repo Men, Clash of the Titans and Batman: Under the Red Hood hit the PSN Video Store.

There is also a "Deal of the Week Sale" which you can save up to 50% on some TV Shows.

You can view footage from Comic-Con 2010 where you will see lots and lots of things that have to do with the comic world such as Marvel and its newest movie, Thor. Read more about it here, http://us.playstation.com/comic-con-2010.

Just in TV
    X-Play, The Glades, Covert Affairs, Deadliest Warrior, The Hard Times of RJ Berger, Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory, Deadliest Catch, Top Shot, Sons of Tucson, Pros vs. Joes, The Gates, Burn Notice, Futurama, The Colony, Dual Survival, Man vs. Wild, In the QUBE, Warren the Ape, Soul Eater, Players: Uncensored, iCarly, Haven, GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley, The Wild Thornberrys

New Release Movies
    Unthinkable, Steve Bryne: The Bryne Identity, The Job, The Extra Man, Centurion, Green Lantern: First Flight, Streets of Blood, Cheerleader Camp, Puppet Master: Axis of Evil, Jesse Stone: No Remorse, Operation: Endgame, Edges of Darkness, Richard Pryor: Live and Smokin
    Comic Releases & Updates
    7/28/2010

In the Comic Section, you can now buy and download a full series of a comic instead of buying them individually and you will also have a discounted price for buying a full series.

Here’s the full list and as always head to Country Selector - PlayStation Digital Comics for more info or to view our full catalog and pricing.

Click Here For Full List
    Miscellaneous Releases & Updates

On August 4th, there will be a Patch for ModNation Racers which will include:

Load Time Improvements
    While there are still loads, you will see decreases in load times throughout the game.

New “Casual” Difficulty Mode
    We’ve added a “casual” difficulty setting in the options screen.

Challenge friends in XP Series
    We’ve added the ability to invite your friends to XP Races & Series.

No more “Hot Lap” Cheaters
    We fixed a bug that allowed players to cut the track and post unbeatable times in Hot Lap.

Get into Online Races Quicker
    Along with improved load times, we’ve removed the online game room from the ModSpot so you can get into the race faster.

Improved Server Stability
    We’ve addressed issues to improve intermittent disconnects that players were experiencing.

Three Challenges now more attainable
    We wanted to provide you challenges, but didn’t want to sacrifice fun. We found 3 challenges that proved extremely difficult and changed the conditions to complete them. This includes:

* Devastator takedown on Wild Run
    * Devastator takedown on Modobahn
    * Sideswipe 3 opponents on the cliff side on Fracture

The Tin Bucket Unlocked!

Finally this is an item is unlocked and available to everyone by default.

Collector Card Improvement
    Now see all player creations in their entirety.
    I'm sad to say that I'm one of the players that can't get a Devastator Takedown on Modobahn... As for the AI, they are pretty tough but Its much more fun that way, the people who complained about the AI were trying to complete all 3 Challenges and collect all 5 Tokens in one race, which is almost impossible! The game if fun both onine and offline and I would recommend it to anyone!

Also, the pre-order characters; Kratos, Nathan Drake, and Ratchet & Clank are going to be downloadable in a bundle or seperately. I don't know when this will be but all I know is that its coming.

So what do you guys think of me posting a weekly PSN Store Release Thread? I would like some feedback letting me know if I hit that PSN Spot for ya! LoL.

[Source] - PlayStation Blog