network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Default [News] Sony Releases NEW 3.41 FW "Fix"

Well guys Sony has done it again... another update

This update doesn't change the FW number or anything at all, it will just "Fix" the problems that users have been experiencing after the 3.41 Update from July 27th. The Update is live now so if you turn on your PS3, you should be prompted with an update or you could just manually check.

Here is what the EU PlayStation Blog had to say about it:
    Quote Originally Posted by EU PlayStation Blog
    For those users who are replacing the PS3 hard disk drive: we are aware of the symptoms with the system software update 3.41, released on July 27, and that it will cause the update to stop in some occasions while replacing the PlayStation 3 (PS3) Hard Disk Drive (HDD) if the PS3 system is installed with version 3.41.

To resolve these symptoms, we have released a new version of system software update 3.41 with a very minor change (the version number does not change) on August 2. If you are experiencing such symptoms when replacing the HDD of your PS3 system, we kindly ask you to use the latest data and try again. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your understanding and continued support.

For any other questions, please contact your local customer service.
    This was released in Europe first so us US people will have to wait a few extra hours or a day or two.

What do you guys think? Phail or Phix?

[Source] - Qj.net
    Last edited by leo9891; 08-03-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the source.

how could it be a fail? it's a fix to the people who need the entire firmware to be installed.
    since from now on sony is doing incremental updates, meaning smaller downloads.
    this means (obviously) that it only updates the updated components of the firmware, instead of having to download the entire firmware.

of course, swapping your hard drive was one of the first things i thought of, and i think sony should release it like, an incremental update to the people who are just upgrading from a single version lower, and a full version of the update for the people who are updating from more than two versions lower or those who are swapping hard drives.

Spotter got spotted!

I doubt that's the only thing they fixed. They probably sneaked a few more "system stability fixes" in there

does this mean that they will patch the psp's psn and litteral ef all of us cfw users?
    or is this only on the ps3?

Spotter got spotted!

The 3.xx days for the PSP are long over dude. This applies to PS3 systems only

they need to release a patch so that, when playing music, you can still use the XMB without it cutting off the music when browsing certain sections...

If I'm not using my PS3 for games I'll use TVersity on my computer to stream music across and play it through my PS3 but if i want to browse trophies the music cuts off. I know people think I'm being pedantic, but I would still like to see it fixed hopefully within the next few patch releases... then again, it wont really bother me If they don't fix it, I just thought it was weird that the PS3 does that.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie78 View Post
    how could it be a fail? it's a fix to the people who need the entire firmware to be installed.
    It was kind of a sarcasm thing there... Seeing as they always need to fix something cause the previous FW Update corrupted or made something stop working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirotek View Post
    they need to release a patch so that, when playing music, you can still use the XMB without it cutting off the music when browsing certain sections...

If I'm not using my PS3 for games I'll use TVersity on my computer to stream music across and play it through my PS3 but if i want to browse trophies the music cuts off. I know people think I'm being pedantic, but I would still like to see it fixed hopefully within the next few patch releases... then again, it wont really bother me If they don't fix it, I just thought it was weird that the PS3 does that.
    I don't think thats something thats wrong with the PS3, they just made it like that. The PS3 has more than enough power to stream your music and view Trophies or other stuff, they just like keeping us on a tight leash.

I agree that the power is deffinatly there to do this i just think its been overlooked. I dont see why Sony would purposefully exclude that small feature out, leash or not.

Spot Veteran

I don't like saying this but...... Xbox 360 has more enjoyable features than PS3, they cant really say the PS3 does everything if it cant play music while your searching through the XMB in certain areas while 360 plays music while gaming... I still think the PS3 has better games though.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]