network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Modchip

Spot Veteran

Default PS3 Modchip

I just saw this on another site and, I have to say it looks legit to me. The only bad thing about it is, that a update will stop it from working.

The FAQ from
    PS JailBreak - Worlds first PS3 Modchip - Plug and play - $169.99 : OzModChips.com, Australian Supplier of WiiKey, Drivekey, M3, R4DS and CycloDS

The little tiny donlge called PS Jailbreak allows you to dump all of your original PS3 games onto a FAT32 harddrive, and play the game directly from there.

FAQ:

Q: What firmware version does PS JailBreak it work on?

A. It apparently works on a couple of old firmware verisons, but it was designed for the latest firmware version 3.41

Q. Does PS Jailbreak allow you to dump ps2 games, ps1 game, Blue ray movies?

A. No, just PS3 games.

Q. Does PS JailBreak allow every game to work?

A. Apparently 150 games have been tested, and they all work. If a game happens to have 1 file over 4gb the program will not be able to rip the game onto the harddrive. Apparently the work around is to dump it on an internal hardrive

Q. Can I still play online with PS Jailbreak?

A. When today (19.08.2010) you can, we can't guarantee you will never be banned for using the 3rd party device.

Q. Can Sony block this with firmware updates?

A. Probably. The have have the USB dongle firmware upgradable, but you can never predict the future. This is made to work with 3.41. If you happen to download an install an update which is higher then this then it is your doing. We will not accept stock back as "faulty" if you have upgraded your firmware
    Here are a few youtube vids

So what do you guys think? Is it real or not.
    Last edited by stwilliams420; 08-19-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Retired

I have my doubts. There have been similar releases which have all been fake.
    I call it fake until a trustworthy source confirms the legitimacy of this.

Spot Veteran

the site said that stock should be shipped to and arrive around the 27th of August, so we will know soon enough.

I <3 Big Boobies

Looks cool though. Wait it's just a usb?

PSN: DeadlyGmn

Cookie Monstah!!!

In my country they have these so called mod-chips for sale too i didn't want to risk it tho i mean i spend 300 bucks on ma ps3 and for a 50 chip what if it brakes, but it works, tho i saw it but instead the games were in a separate hard-drive and they were display as if u were to download any game form the PSN store...if this is true ps3 gonna be screwed i wouldnt mind buyin the chip if it lets me play ps2/ps1 games

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=

wow looks cool hope it's real, CFW would be better but still ^_^

PSP2002-3.60 OFW>3.71m33-2>5.00m33-4>5.00m33-6 best m33 ever>5.50GEN-D2>5.50GEN-D3 latest GEN rules>
    PSPGEN FOREVER

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gman17 View Post
    Looks cool though. Wait it's just a usb?
    Yeah, and that's what seems extra fishy to me.
    Supposedly Plug and Play....

Ultra Member

Not worth $170 just to dump games.

Wait, no, not worth $170 for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dripz167 View Post
    Not worth $170 just to dump games.

Wait, no, not worth $170 for anything.
    you could use that $170 to buy more ps3 games then use this to dump games there too big in size

PSP2002-3.60 OFW>3.71m33-2>5.00m33-4>5.00m33-6 best m33 ever>5.50GEN-D2>5.50GEN-D3 latest GEN rules>
    PSPGEN FOREVER

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by brad_snake412 View Post
    you could use that $170 to buy more ps3 games then use this to dump games there too big in size
    I don't understand what you mean there. Dump a 25gb game that's too big for what?

I mean, data install varies from the game. The biggest I've had to install was Naruto:UNS, which was almost 5gb. So dumping the whole game just to have it in your hdd is pointless.... unless they're the size of the psn versions of Burnout Paradise and GT5P (About 3-4 gb each)