network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VIP Member

Default PS Jailbreak - PS3 Back Up Loader Is Here?

PS Jailbreak... Announced on the 19th August... Is confirmed to be the exploit people have been waiting for!

With the PlayStation 3 scene having fakes and scams posted since the release of the console, many people may chose to not believe this (which is understandable). However, in recent news spreading all over the PlayStation scene online, the new PS Jailbreak USB Dongle is the latest in "Legit" exploits for the console itself.

What is it?

The PS Jailbreak allows the user a Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds, allowing the console to to perform many different operations (the following is taken from their website):
    • PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.
    • Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
    • Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA
    • PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
    • Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)
    • Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
    • Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.
    • Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.
    • Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

Still unsure about the PS Jailbreak? Below is the information taken from the FAQ area on their website:
    • Q: Is PS Jailbreak easy to install?
      A:Yes, it is a plug and play solution. It takes 1 second to fully install, without modifying or opening your console.
    • Q: Does it permanently modify my console?
      A:No of course not, once you unplug it from the usb port it is completely disabled.
    • Q: How do you install PS Jailbreak?
      A:Please consult our downloads page for our instruction manual. We have done our best to make it as thorough as possible to answer all setup and troubleshooting issues.
    • Q: What is the warranty?
      A:PS Jailbreak is sold with a 1 year warranty. All our resellers will take care of warranty issues.

There is some very big names out there confirming that this is legit and working, below I have put the sources and images are also attached to the post:

xiaNaix from psx-scene.com:

The first PS3 modchip has arrived and PSX-SCENE is the FIRST site to CONFIRM it is 100% REAL!!!

PSX-SCENE is the first any ONLY website to CONFIRM that this product is working 100% Not by speculation but by being the only website to have testers with actual product in hand! We will have a video courtesy of OzModchips soon so stay tuned!!!

I have been in contact directly with the manufacturer and can confirm some things you have all been asking about...
    • 1. FAT32 is currently supported. They are working on NTFS.
    • 2. They recommend staying on current firmware and not updating until they have deemed it safe. The dongle is fully updatable.
    • 3. Online play does work but they cannot guarantee that it will work with all future titles.
    • 4. Final retail units are ready to ship.
    • 5. Official reseller list will be on their site in the next 48 hours. You can pre-order from any of the official resellers. There are websites out there now claiming to be selling but they are not legitimate. Don't get ripped off. Wait until the official list is posted.
    Quote:
    PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.
    From Mathieulh himself via Twitter:

psjailbreak’s so called “Backup Manager” (which is pretty much the only thing available to download on their website) is a debug package including a regular fself compiled with the (massively privately leaked) 1.92 sdk, The package itself is generated with Sony’s official sdk tool (make_package_npdrm revision 1203 probably from that very same sdk) that makes it illegal to share because I am quite sure psjailbreak staff doesn’t have the appropriate license to be using the official Playstation 3 SDK and its tools. The binary itself seems to use the usual sce apis when it comes to the gui or copying files over. It does run on a debug console and displays a “nicely” done GUI that lets you “backup” your game to the external or usb hdd and “run” them later on. Needless to say the backups wont “run” as their “backup manager” is just a regular fself running with game privileges and doesn’t make use of any exploits that I can think of. Needless to say that if their so called usb dongle is real (which I doubt) it does extensive use of leaked sony’s software and keys/certificates.
    Via PS3Hax.net

RichDevX has posted a patched version of the PKG Manager on his twitter, that allows backups to be ran for PS3 Debug users (you will need to decrypt selfs). As of now PSJailbreak does seem like the real deal, however we advise our members and readers to NOT purchase the USB dongle/device and that there will most likely be a FREE solution soon.
    Via youtube.com

Worlds second test of ps3 modchip [By OzModChips]

OzModChips.com tests Worlds First Ps3 Modchip (PSjailbreak)

PS3 Game Dumping [By OzModChips

Worlds First Ps3 modchip?? [By OzModChips

Via ps3hax.net

PS Jailbreak Dongle Dissected:

Via SKFU and Demonhades from ps3hax.net:

SKFU (via Blog)
    I just tested the software they uploaded and can confirm it works so far.

I can tell a bit about the backup manager. It seems the software uses bd_emu features to manage the backups. The HDD to use, should have a modified bd emu format, which sets all backups on first position, so the PS3 detects ‘em all. Then you can choose the image to boot via the manager.

To directly copy and boot a game, the software would need to decrypt all layers on the fly. Meaning it decrypts all executables somehow, else it won’t run. Even on a debug unit.

The hardware look like a copy of the original PS3 jigstick, used in SONY service centers to repair broken PlayStation3 SKU’s. Someone internal leaked or sold a stick, so they had the chance to reverse and clone the hardware.

The stick should boot before the normal firmware does, so it’s hard to patch it. Maybe SONY could update the bootcode to prevent it, set it to a revoke list.

By the way, in all videos they use debug PS3’s to run the software. There is no video showing the actual process booting on a retail PS3 afaik. So I do not confirm that this is true, yet!

If it’s as true as it looks this time, good job guys!
    Demonhades(via Blog)

Well I see that recently raised a stir is mounted by a chip of course to load backups from a pendrive, at first glance one might say it’s fake if we did not know of studies conducted years ago and let us see many more hidden things that not all users can understand, in this case we speak of the card jig, the jig is used by the card sony sat for maintenance and restoration in ps3.

In short, this jig card has been removed from the payment sony sat.. so now try to expand the money spent only and once recovered the money spent in obtaining this device the reproduction and cloning of the device will be imminent.

When I saw the body of the above, first I noticed that the sample vsh known and used parts of a debug.. and of course if one is launching retail which does not make much sense, could only think one way quickly- THE CONVERTER RETAIL TO DEBUG.

This converter is thought to sony and service for devs have this jig card (aka USB dongle), allowing this USB is that:

Releasing the boot ini dev_usb0 and a sequence of buttons that change the state of syscon as we launch the initial boot usb dongle, then interprets the bootstrap and load the necessary files from the dongle itself temporarily leaving the ram doing a false reboot.

According to the store have told the seller, no residue on the PS3.. so it fits the above description.

The idea is quite clear gentlemen, emulates the fw of trm syscon and we have a debug interprets loading the kernel debug and providing all the features to debug vshmain time, this results in loading unsigned code.

This allows us as I mentioned months ago to launch pkgs from ubs, since it has a browser for managing them.

The official BDEMU disk loading before you activate the mediatype BD and then run the loader to the channel of communication with the real reader would be closed and only would use the BD-emu, emu and the bd can not share the same channel communication.

In this case to remove the layer is used to extract cellftp to an external source of filesystems without pre-decoded and converted to debug layer.

Executables can be created with the sdk, and generated their own loader which removes the layer of encryption (this if it will extract the discs, not linux), then the PS3Gen (published as a matter of 1 month) can be create iso patched with valid soft.esto itself mean that everything is made in the PS3 SDK (emulators, applications, etc) will be loaded without problems, as we are doing the same as the 360 with jtag hack it uses a core debug.

The loader is loaded by the execution path that recognizes the actual application manager, loaded via app.

TRUE GENTLEMEN OF THE NEWS WOULD BE A GREAT TIME AND NEWS bad news… Let me explain:

1. NO SERIOUS WORK DONE BY HACKERS OR RESEARCHERS.

2. MATERIAL IS MADE LIKE THE MAGIC BATTERY FOR PSP WITH SONY TOOLS.

In short, PS3 has fallen to the very tools you use in your SAT Sony… that if Sony can plug it into the next update.. just have to cancel the initial boot usb to close the bar, because the boss is syscon.

WARNING! Please Read!

Please only download the files from trusted and respected websites and users. DO NOT BUY OR PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE WEBSITE: PS Jailbreak - Jailbreak PS3 - PS Jailbreak IT IS A FAKE AND WILL CON YOU!

THE ONLY YET KNOWN AND TRUSTED DISTRIBUTOR OF THIS IS THE PS JAILBREAK WEBSITE ITSELF:

www.psjailbreak.com

Sources:
    ps3hax.net
    psjailbreak.com
    psx-scene.com
    streetskaterfu.blogspot.com
    demonhades.org/blog/
    planetadejuego.com
    Mathieulh's twitter

AUTHORISED DEALERS:

Australia
    OZ Mods - OzModChips.com, Australian Supplier of WiiKey, Drivekey, M3, R4DS and CycloDS
    Quantronics - Quantronics Online Store | Sydney | Melbourne | Brisbane | Perth | Wholesale & Retail

Canada
    Mod Central - www.modcentral.com

France
    Fox Chip - Réparation, Modification de console de jeux et téléphone – Foxchip

Netherlands
    Console Pro - ConsolePro

Attached Images
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PSP Nikos; 08-21-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Spot Veteran

Wow...
    I never thought the day would come!

Well looks like SONY got beat by the very thing they used to fix there PS3's. I think I might just get one of these. I've got alot of discs so this would save time and it loads faster.

Homebrew is also an upside.
    ~-Recent Work-~

~-Favorite Piece-~

__________________________________________________ _________

Elite Poster

wow ps3 homebrew cant wait till i buy a ps3

Do we know that the download above works on the ps3? And is it the real thing?

Wut?
    Last edited by Gman17; 08-24-2010 at 05:37 AM. Reason: merge double post

I don't get it. At all the post it says that it works but at the end you say that its a con. Also can you please give information about the Manager Packages you have uploaded (like whats that or how to use)?

Elite Poster

Seems a bit dodgy :/ $130???

I <3 Big Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by pok21 View Post
    I don't get it. At all the post it says that it works but at the end you say that its a con.
    You aren't reading it well enough, On top it is the original product which is claimed to work and has it's own Authorized Dealers..

The ones on the bottom are other identical products that are said to do the same things, But it isnt from the original source so you are bound to get con'd.

It's very easy to get confused.

PSN: DeadlyGmn

OK since im still getting confused: does PS Jailbreak really work and what is this Manager Packages ? Thx in advance.