network sites: |
+ Reply to Thread
    Spot Veteran
    A place I don't wanna be.

Default PS3 4.0 Jailbreaking.

So, I recently bought a PS3, and I was looking into the Geohot patch and found a few links to a PS3 4.0 JB. Now, I've downloaded a few of the supposed 4.0 jailbreaking UPDAT.PUP files, they would install fine but I would be left without the "Install pkg files" option in my XMB. I was just wondering if it's actually possible to JB a 4.0 PS3 Slim, or do you have to update from an older version to have it jailbroken. I've come across plenty of 4.0 JB PUP files but they are either sharecash, or they don't work. I'd really rather play my single player games straight from the HDD so I won't have to constantly switch out whichever game I wanna play while taking a break from BF3... :\ Sounds silly, but I'm lazy.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

I'm on 4.00 on my PS3 Slim swell and as far as I can tell you is that there is
    no Jailbreak for PS3 4.00 yet.
    ..You can't even downgrade yet.

There are tools however on sale which can downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 or lower and then you can Jailbreak.
    Like the E3 Flasher or True Blue but I don't know much about them because I'm just waiting for an easier Jailbreak.
    Last edited by aCekinG; 02-02-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Yes, you are right. Lots of the tools are there which you can use for jailbreak your PSP 3.0 or 3.5. That's the strange but it's true and you can easily locate them on the Internet if you are interested to jailbreak your PSP.