network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Special Task Force Unit

Quote Originally Posted by LordTacodip View Post
    (I mean, who uses UMD's now and days with hacked firmware...)
    I do. People who pay for their games do and generally everyone else wanting to save a few hundred Mb's of space for other things do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ietomit View Post
    I did think of a way to hide the batteries , but i would not ruin the insides of the umd case. It was a great idea, I did actually look to see if I can fit something in there. Only two though .
    I will make a case for the batteries and have it attached to the psp by the two screw holes on top of it. To not have it stick out so bad, I will reconfigure the way the batts hold together.I'll try a side by side config and maybe throw in the original batt as well.
    If you make your own plastic case, it would be pretty kickass. What you did is simply fantastic, all it needs is some polishing around the rough parts. Covering up the UMD bay may be a slight sacrifice, but I sure as hell would put up with it for extra battery life on one of those rainy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Genobee View Post
    Covering up the UMD bay may be a slight sacrifice, but I sure as hell would put up with it for extra battery life on one of those rainy days.
    I know about the sacrifice but what I did is merely a proof of concept more than a final "product". I will build my own case for it eventually and I'm having something in mind that is removable ( to access umd and for portability )

Special Task Force Unit

Quote Originally Posted by ietomit View Post
    I know about the sacrifice but what I did is merely a proof of concept more than a final "product". I will build my own case for it eventually and I'm having something in mind that is removable ( to access umd and for portability )
    Perhaps a case of the sorts that retains the batteries on both sides of the back, while allowing for the UMD bay to be opened and closed? The battery pack would be reduced in size that way, evenly distributing the number of batteries to the sides.

The only problem would be finding a way to be able to have the case hold both together or have them be two small cases united with a small, removable stick-like cover for the cable running across the top or the bottom.

If that doesn't make sense, sorry, that's the best I could come up with using words. :p

A little update is up now with more coming as I write it.

Perhaps a case of the sorts that retains the batteries on both sides of the back, while allowing for the UMD bay to be opened and closed? The battery pack would be reduced in size that way, evenly distributing the number of batteries to the sides.
    check out the update and tell me what you think

Special Task Force Unit

That's a hell of a job you're doing there. It's simply awesome.

That's a pretty long scar you got in you hand by the way, at least that's what it looks like. :P

That's a hell of a job you're doing there. It's simply awesome.

That's a pretty long scar you got in you hand by the way, at least that's what it looks like. :P
    Thanks for the encouragement. Wait untill you see my latest update when I put the finishing touches for the batt-pack.
    About the hand... (finger with the long scarr) err... like an old saying goes..(or at least I think it does) "A scarred hand is a ... working hand".. there
    Although I'm right handed all my major scars are on my left one

can you do it with a cellphone bat? xD

Quote Originally Posted by XBonnerX View Post
    can you do it with a cellphone bat? xD
    Yes you can , usualy, (take Nokia for example) the cell phone batts are 3,6 or 3,7 volts which is perfect for this mod/hack.
    But now that you mentioned it I did think about making a secndary pack out of cell phone batts, namely Nokia battst. Will post un update on that soon. But for that battpack I'm planning for an 8 batt -pack.
    Nokia's batts are usualy 600-700 mAh rated so a 8x600=4800 which is pretty impressive also. I'm modifying my current battpack to have a removable plug so I can charge it sepparately.

The ultimate batt pack would be the one that I'm be planning for a future release with 6 or 8 psp slim batteries totalin' 7200 to 9600 mAh. A total overkill. I just gotta get me them batts for cheap
    And this incarnation will be a non-attachable solution. Being sepparate from the PSP.

This tutorial is pretty helpful for any novice and intermediate user who wants to create a battery mod for their
    psp 2000 & 3000 models for longer game time experiences.
    It's pretty simple, just take your time going through the procedure. All the best gang!