network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread

Default Anti-aliasing for PSP graphics?

I don't know whether this thing is exists, but I wonder if there any tools or hacks that can make PSP graphic looks very smooth? Just like we run a PC game with very high quality graphics. Maybe if we can apply a smooth filter or anti-aliasing for any PSP games, that will looks really cool..

Try to look at the pic below, I took this from IGN.com, showing GTA Vice City Stories screenshot.

What made me amaze about this pic is the graphic looks really smooth...but when I play it for real, the graphic is not same like the pic above. I dunno whether the UMD disc got trouble or my PSP doesn't supports the high-quality graphics..(LOL..I'm really NOOB about this). Probably, they just use the filter on the pic to make it look smoother.

The only thing that I want to know; is it possible to make the graphics on PSP (any games) look smoother? If yes, is there any tools/hacks for that?

I honestly doubt there are, there aren't any I know for iso's, don't think there is any homebrew with gxf up to that quality yet.

what they probly did was take that screenshot from a psp emulator on the PC with a higher screen res and shrunk it down.
    i don't really think the psp can handle anti-analzing. i wish it could. it could probably pull it off on psx games, i don't see why they don't have a plugin or something to add it.
    though, tekken 5 dark resurrection has some really nice graphics and sometimes it looks as if theres anti-analising.

my first sig ^^

my second sig ^^

i own: 3 ps1's (one with portable screen), 2 ps2's (one fat black and one special edition white small), 2 psp's (1 fat, 1 blue slim madden 09), 1 ps3 (40Gb)

Thank you for your posts! Very interesting!