network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remote Play

Default Remote Play

Hi all,

Ive got a PS3 and PSP and was just wondering if theres a way around loosing control of the PS3 interface when in remote play with the PSP.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

what do you mean "loosing control"? can you elaborate on that a little more?

well when i hook up the psp to access all my music etc from my ps3 the gui of the ps3 appears on my psp but on my ps3 the sceen goes black saying taht the system is currently in remote play.

I was wondering if I could still use my ps3 while the psp is remotley accessing the ps3 files

Remote play picture

It looks like that screen but thats connecting via internet, i connect over a private network. A screen like that comes up during the remote play which makes the PS3 interface unaccessible on the PS3. Can I get around this ?

Mojito

i dont think there is a workaround to avoid that from happening, i believe it is because it would be the equivalent of multitasking, my guess is that they block it in order to avoid users from playing one game using the psp and another in the ps3, forcing the ps3's processor to run two different games and therefore more than it can handle and could lead to permanent damage... but that is only guess...

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

No workaround. The whole point of RemotePlay is to see and control your PS3 from your PSP via Wifi from a Private Connection from the PS3, or a Public Connection from the internet anywhere around the world. You could be in Alaska on vacation and control your PS3 which is back home in... lets say New York.

You can check and write messages to your PSN Friends or watch movies or pictures and play music all via WiFi.

yeah i understand that but what i mean is it'd be cool if while your doing that in Alaska, someone at home in New York could still use the PS3.

Spotter got spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zirotek View Post
    yeah i understand that but what i mean is it'd be cool if while your doing that in Alaska, someone at home in New York could still use the PS3.
    Well they could. Just not while you're using it

Remote Play is PSP is something more interesting. If you have loss control then you can try this one option for your PSP and start enjoying rather losing the control.