Hello everyone.

I recently bought a 4GB Sandisk Memory stick pro duo and when I put it inside my psp and play a UMD game like Tekken for example everything works fine, it saves data properly. However, when I try the usb connection it just gets stuck on the Please wait screen. I took out the memory stick and plugged it in my laptop in order to put files on it and the Memory stick is recognised and is displayed when I open My Computer but when I try to open it there comes the problem. A message saying my drive needs to be formatted pops up but when I try to format, it says the drive cannot be formatted. I tried doing it with command prompt too, there it says the file system is raw and when I attempt to format to FAT, it says the volume is too big for fat16/12. I tried a software by Sony specially for formatting Memory Sticks but there I get an error Device not ready...

By the way, I plugged in the Memory stick without an adapter, because I don't have one, I just pushed it depper and my PC recognized it. Could that be the problem ? I guess not, as usb connection doesn't work either...

I would be very thankful for your replies and ideas.