network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help wii

Default help wii

my wii is not reading the disks it says unable to read what should i do it started when i was playing brawl

Spot Veteran

1.clean the disk with a moist lint free cloth (like for glasses or the one that came with your psp) in an outward motion see picture. Do not use cleaners, or soap, just water. Let it dry and try again. (See first picture)

2.If that doesnt work, buy a lens cleaner for a computer, the wii will spin the disk and the brush on the disk will clean the lens. (see picture in spoiler)

3. Try the disk (in this case super smash bros.) on a different wii, or a different game on your wii, this will help you narrow the problem down to either the wii or the disc.
    4.Lastly if all else fails, then there is a problem with the disk drive on the wii, can you recall anything that could damage the wii? Thunderstorm, dropping it, unplugging it when it says not, try calling customer support if you think this is the case.
    Last edited by CommunistMonkey2237; 01-03-2009 at 01:10 AM.
    Can you beat MYbrute?

Mojito

hmmm... is it an actual official CD or did you make a copy or something.. or if ur using an iso...

Spot Veteran

he said it occur while playing a cd so something must have happened during gameplay, probably lates version (blocking iso)
    Can you beat MYbrute?

yea its the official cd and all of the dont work that includes carbon, mario party 8 and wii sports

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    my wii is not reading the disks it says unable to read what should i do it started when i was playing brawl
    same problem i was facing previously