network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: System 4.2

Default System 4.2 bricks

Thought i will make this my first offical post
    sorry if someone already post this

Latest firmware causing problems for some gamers; Nintendo points to modified consoles as the culprit, pledges to repair affected unmodified systems for free.

The latest system to repeat the cycle is Nintendo's Wii. On Monday, Wii owners received a message from Nintendo informing them that the system's 4.2 firmware was available for download. The notice of the firmware explained that the update would not affect any existing features "but will improve the overall system performance." It also contained a cautionary note for users of homebrew applications and other unsanctioned programs.

"Because unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair gameplay or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.2 will also check for and automatically remove such save data or program files," the notice said.
    From GameSpot:Video Games PC PlayStation 2 Xbox 360 Wii PS3 GameCube PSP DS GBA PS2 PlayStation 3

Looks like Nintendo stepped up the level for hackers.
    So if you have a modded wii and update by mistake, say hai to a fresh brick for some people.
    And i doubt Nintendo will even accept the Wii if you send it in when its been modded
    Last edited by deangreenall; 10-02-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Title Changing

Spot Veteran

Waninkoko has released his firmware updater for version 4.2.

Use the new hackmii 0.5 to install the new homebrew channel first.
    Then run the 4.2 update.

If you have already updated to 4.2, and it deleted your homebrew channel.
    Dont worry you just need a copy of Lego Indiana Jones with Indiana Pwns, and hackmii 0.5.
    Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by stwilliams420 View Post
    Waninkoko has released his firmware updater for version 4.2.

Use the new hackmii 0.5 to install the new homebrew channel first.
    Then run the 4.2 update.

If you have already updated to 4.2, and it deleted your homebrew channel.
    Dont worry you just need a copy of Lego Indiana Jones with Indiana Pwns, and hackmii 0.5.
    oh i dont have a wii, i used too. I was just saying bringing in news. Thanks anyway
    Last edited by deangreenall; 10-03-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks lmao :)