network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hack My Wii?

Elite Poster

Default Hack My Wii?

Well I have a Wii with 2 Nintendo 64 games and my 6 Wii games. Besides that, I don't use my Wii for nothing else. I was thinking of Bannerbombing via 4.1, but everything I'm looking into, I need to have a back plan. How is it possible to unbrick the Wii? Do the Homebrew apps on the HB have a possibility of bricking my Wii. Also comparing this to the PSP 3k CFE, is bannerbomb like that? I don't want my Wii to have a CFW like the PSP because it's too risky. I just want to play some emulators and some other cool stuff.

I can't be bothered with playing backup Wii games. I have no problem buying the games. I have Wario Land Shake It, Super Mario Galaxy, some Lego game for my little bro, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and the best yet, Twilight Princess. I just need some cool apps for the Wii.
    Last edited by SMProdigy; 10-03-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Spot Veteran

Well if you just want to play homebrew that's easy. You need bannerbomb and hackmii 0.5. That will install the homebrew channel, and that's all you need to play homebrew games and apps.

It's nothing like CFW for PSP. It's easy (:
    Install bannerbomb and hackmii. To backup your Wii once you have installed them, turn your wii off, with your memory card still in, press the power button to go to settings, press reset (I Think, i forgot the buttons) There is a green arrow, go on that, and you will be backing up your Wii's NAND incase of brick
    But if your using it for just homebrew then you will have nothing to worry about if you use the website wiibrew.com

Elite Poster

Ok, what are the chances of bricking my Wii through regular use. I mean noooone of that IOS, DVD player, (things that mess with the Wii internally). Just usage of some regular homebrew such as emulator. Also if I update my Wii to 4.2 and Bannerbombv2 it, can I update my Wii with the Homebrew Channel on it? Also would I be able to play newer games with 4.2 if I cannot update in it? What I mean is that newer game that is comming out such as New Super Mario Bros Wii and it require you ton update to a future firmware (lets say 4.4.), how will I go about this?
    Last edited by SMProdigy; 10-06-2009 at 07:45 PM.

It is very interesting to play wii games in free time.
    I'm downloading wii games but not successful.
    Can Anyone show me how to download wii games?
    I don't know how.
    Pls help me. THanks.