network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default I am getting disconnected from Xbox Live every few minutes. Help please

I noticed a few days ago that mine and my friends avatars stopped loading. I was also unable to obtain any game information from the Marketplace. This happened after I purchased Modern Warfare 2. And now I am getting disconnected from Xbox Live about every 15 minutes. It doesn't matter if I am playing a game or not. My PS3 and the computers in the house are fine. I .am connected to a Linksys wireless router with an ethernet cable. Is my Xbox getting ready to crap out?

Ultra Member

you need to try to reset your router settings and run initial setup on your xbox just incase that doesnt work

Mojito

if you say ur ps3 and pc is fine then it definitely is the xbox, do you know of any reason the wifi dongle might have hardware issues (i.e Droping it, Spilling something on top of it, etc) if ur sure you don't have hardware issues try connecting the xbox closer to the router and see if it continues to occur...

Quote Originally Posted by tjones436 View Post
    you need to try to reset your router settings and run initial setup on your xbox just incase that doesnt work
    I have tried that. Microsoft tech support even told me to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlazer View Post
    if you say ur ps3 and pc is fine then it definitely is the xbox, do you know of any reason the wifi dongle might have hardware issues (i.e Droping it, Spilling something on top of it, etc) if ur sure you don't have hardware issues try connecting the xbox closer to the router and see if it continues to occur...
    I am not using the wifi dongle it is connected to the wifi router with an ethernet cable.

I get the same issue sometimes, I just run "reset" on my router and it's usually fine.

Warning: