network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default HELP Xbox 360 1080p problem

Good afternoon everyone. I recently received a Vizio 22" LCD 1080p HDTV for use as a gaming TV and laptop monitor. My laptop looks gorgeous, as does Xbox 360 except for one thing.

Whenever I plug it in with HD component (Microsoft or third-party), it shows up just fine. Although when I set it to 1080i or 1080p, I get small, pixelated lines at the top of of the screen. They're nothing extremely noticeable until you start looking closely; but once you see them, you always see them. I was concerned that it was the TV until I realized it wasn't showing up on the VGA (RGB) input, even at 1920x1080 resolution. So, I set my Xbox 360 down to standard definition with standard cables, then I tried 720p with the component cables. They both looked fine and there were absolutely no lines at all. Also, I know it's not my discs because it shows like this at the dashboard also.

Why is it that there are no lines on a lesser resolution; but if I play at 1080i or 1080p they show up? Would using an HDMI cable help, perhaps? Thanks in advance!

Xbox Live Info
    Code Veggie: All In One Gaming
    One Hardmodded PSP Fat Pandora's Battery=

When i used my component cables with my 42" plasma tv it wouldn't let me use 1080p/i then when i switched to HDMI i had no issues whatever

Seriously use HDMI whenever you can as normal/hd component cables look kinda teared and blurry on a hd tv whatever size. A HDMI cable doesn't cost that much either (like 5 or something), get a third party cable aswell as they are cheaper.

HDMI is usually the way to go whenever you use HDTVs... no video lag either!

Warning: