network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Spot Veteran

Default Low budget: PS3 or X360?

Well, I'm currently saving to buy some gaming console. Just want to ask. If you're low on budget, do you think it's practical to buy an X360 than a PS3? I posted here coz i think more people will defend the X360 here than the other forums(here at cspot) coz I feel some x360 vs ps3 here at cspot. First I decided to buy a PS2, but I saw X360 prices that confused me. Now I don't know which console to get.

BTW, I just love RPGs(all sorts), and some racing. (If that helps on your suggetsion). Thanks.
    PSP Slim & Lite 2001 (Limited Edition God of War Pack)
    5.50 GEN-D3 2GB 8GB
    FW History: 5.03 > 5.50 > 5.00 M33-4 > 5.00 M33-6 > 5.50 GEN-A(Brick) > 5.00 M33-4 > 5.00 M33-6 > 5.50 GEN-D2 > 5.50 GEN-D3 <=> 5.00 M33-6
    PROUD PINOY!
    Turning from a noob user, to a noob dev.

The Hoe Strangler

Well, I don't own a XBOX360 nor a PS3. But I'd say go with a PS3. From what I've herd, its kinda of a better deal. Free online play. Remote play on your PSP if your on the go, and you can link up through a internet access???? So if theres a movie in your PS3's drive, you can watch it. Umm, Sony has a better customer support. Mircosoft doesnt really have a good status on that. But again. Speaking from the shadows. From what I've seen and herd. But up to you really.

Elite Poster

I was also thinking the same thing. I have a relative in Canada. Video-game consoles there are much cheaper. They have an XBOX360 elite bundle and a PS3 Slim 120GB Bundle. Both costs $299.99 Canadian dollars which is only 13,500 PHP (Philippine pesos).

Links
    PS3 Bundle: PLAYSTATION3 120GB Console | PS3 Consoles & Bundles | TheSource.ca
    XBOX360 Elite: Xbox Elite Spring Value Bundle | Xbox 360 Consoles & Bundles | TheSource.ca

But I think, I'll get the Xbox360
    Last edited by Vectro; 05-05-2010 at 07:04 AM.

get a ps3 because it has better exclusives and they have a diverse selection of exclusive games unlike the 360 which has mostly shooters. Also PS3 has more rpgs. Final Fantasy XIII is grapically better on the ps3 it also is on 1 disc unlike the 360 version which is on 3 discs. The ps3 is also gettting final fantasy versus XIII and final fantasy XIV. The ps3 is also better value for money!

i have to admit, i'm a tad bit biased for PS3. i'm not quite a fanboy, but i just don't understand why someone would get a 360, other than game selection. it seems like such a rip off to me. i've actually compiled a list of reasons why i think PS3 is far superior to 360:

1: HDMI in both 120 AND 250 GB models, 360 only has HDMI on the elite model
    2: built-in blu ray drive for hi def movies, for 360 you have to buy an external HD DVD drive (not sure if you still have to with the elite.)
    3: wireless internet is standard on PS3, for 360 you have to buy some wireless adapter. my friend bought it, he said it's about $100.
    4: FREE ONLINE PLAY. this is basically what takes the cake, especially if you're on a low budget.
    5: the sixaxis dualshock 3 controller that comes with PS3 is rechargeable, whereas the elite model 360's controller requires two AA batteries and isn't rechargeable. lol, what is this, the '90s?
    6: all 360s i've ever played make an extremely annoying loud skipping noise when reading discs, whereas the PS3 slim is completely silent, other than the processor fan.
    7: remote play for your PSP - if you have a PSP (any model) with the latest official firmware, you can turn on your PS3 with it from anywhere in the world where there is a hot spot, and stream movies or even youtube to your PSP.
    8: web browser. wii and PS3 both have web browsers. 360 just... doesn't.
    9: PS3 Media Server. not sure if this works with 360 as well, but it's so much better than using the microsoft WMP streaming service. you can live encode videos as you're streaming them to your PS3.
    10: all games are on just one disc because PS3 games are on blu ray discs. 360 still hasn't quite caught up to what is now current gen, and is still using standard DVDs. so games like FF13 is on like 3 discs.
    11: 2.5" hard drive, means you don't have to sit around and wait for sony to replace a higher capacity hard drive, because you can replace the PS3s hard drive with any 2.5" hard drive. (these are the hard drives found in laptops.) which means, yes, you can buy a 1TB hard drive for a laptop and stick it in your PS3.
    12: HEAVY RAIN
    13: UNCHARTED 2
    14: METAL GEAR SOLID 4
    15: DEMON'S SOULS
    16: LITTLE BIG PLANET ;D

i have many more, but i'm not sure if you'll really read this or take it seriously if you do.
    i'm not just some fanboy, i believe all my reasons are valid. if i'm wrong about the 360, let me know.
    (i doubt i am, all my cousins, friends, and even my girlfriend have X360s.)

to be completely honest, once they all have played my PS3, they tell me they feel like selling their 360s and buying a PS3. (literally each person, except my cousin who is a legit 10th prestige in mw2 on xbox live )

---
    edit: holy shit, wall of text
    ---
    edit again:
    NO... wall of TRUTH!
    Last edited by shabutie78; 05-05-2010 at 10:22 AM.

I <3 Big Boobies

I heard Demon' Souls is like the best RPG on the ps3 period. For the fact that is the hardest rpg out there on the PS3. I would have gotten just for the headaches.

I was looking at RPGs games for the ps3 last night. They arent that many. Am not saying go for the 360. But they have a vast collection on RPGs. Pretty good ones to.

shabutie78, pretty much told you everything you needed to know. And I agree with him on the budget thing. If you had a 360 on a low budget you would be pretty pissed.

PSN: DeadlyGmn

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

PS3. Yeah is 50 bucks more than an XBOX360 but that cause it comes with a BR-Player, web browser, and also Free Online!

For the XBOX360, you have to pay to be online. Even if you say right now that you don't wanna use it for online, i'm sure that somewhere down the line that you are gonna say "I WANNA PLAY ONLINE!" So now what do you have to do to play online? Cough up 60 bucks a yr to play online.

The PS3 is the winner out of the XBOX360 and Wii, but they just need to come out with a few more updates that allow users to do certain things while in-game such as, playing music while playing ANY game and not just certain ones.

yeah, i knew you said you were into RPGs, and i have to admit that the 360 has more selection when it comes to them.
    i also am a huge fan of RPGs, but buying a 360 is just.. absurd
    i did some research after my post and yes, the 360 doesn't have any hi def dvd/blu ray capability whatsoever, and in fact the HD DVD external player for the 360 has been discontinued..
    anyway, here's what you would need to buy in order to get as much as you'd get with the PS3.

wireless network adapter -$99.99
    external HD DVD drive -$49.99
    HDMI converter -$89.99 (looks iffy)you won't need this if you buy the elite though.
    rechargeable controller pack -$19.99(in case you don't want to keep buying AA batteries)
    250GB hard drive replacement -$129.99 since even the elite model 360 only comes with a 120GB hard drive.

and this is only the hardware.
    also, keep in mind that the 360 hardware fails (literally) so much, that microsoft had to extend the one year limited warranty to a three year limited warranty.
    Last edited by shabutie78; 05-05-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Cookie Monstah!!!

ps3 no doubt
    better games, more exclusives

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=

Spot Veteran

dSketch: Because of that, I decided to get a PS3. How about prices here in Pinas? Do you have some idea how much they cost here?

All others: Thanks for your replies. Now I know their differences, I decided to get a PS3.
    Last edited by RNB_PSP; 05-08-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: grammar
    PSP Slim & Lite 2001 (Limited Edition God of War Pack)
    5.50 GEN-D3 2GB 8GB
    FW History: 5.03 > 5.50 > 5.00 M33-4 > 5.00 M33-6 > 5.50 GEN-A(Brick) > 5.00 M33-4 > 5.00 M33-6 > 5.50 GEN-D2 > 5.50 GEN-D3 <=> 5.00 M33-6
    PROUD PINOY!
    Turning from a noob user, to a noob dev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast