network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread

Default I've been away... [SIGS]

The Starcraft one is my personal favorite. Rate and cnc
    Last edited by bigbossVII; 09-01-2010 at 07:48 AM.

if the backgrounds are completly selfmade, then nice work. If there are downloaded, then it's ok, nice grafics, but the real work is to do that alone. A picture collage is really easy to create with PS

Some of them were stocks (2,3,4,6), others were completely composed of c4d's (5), and others were made completely by hand other than the render (7,8), and vectored/pen tooled (1)

Elite Poster

@ the cyborg one:
    The circuit is complete fail sorry try using an overlay or something, If you give me the PSD i'll show you how to do it.

Also known as:
    cryphakon
    badboy.mjk
    kempmjk

Spot Veteran

They all look nice, I do know that you didnt really edit the cyborg Ninja from MGS too much... but it still looks decent.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Quote Originally Posted by PSPFreak2007 View Post
    @ the cyborg one:
    The circuit is complete fail sorry try using an overlay or something, If you give me the PSD i'll show you how to do it.
    This piece was one of my favorites for a reason. I tried a whole smörgåsbord of new things that I never tried before. I vectored all of the 'mecha' parts by hand and made the shape by hand too. I do have another version thats a little more brushed up than this one here, and there is going to be more like this to come. This one piece was just a running WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    They all look nice, I do know that you didnt really edit the cyborg Ninja from MGS too much... but it still looks decent.
    My style varies, I could go from minimalistic approach to a full gfx makeover. I chose to leave most of it be for that particular sig. The reason for this is the simple fact that its a great picture and there really wasn't a whole lot I could do to it without making it unrecognizable. I changed up the global lighting and added some orange softbrushing and a fractal to bring out his 'eye'.

When I do the minimalistic look, I want my supporting effects to look like they belong there in the first place rather than taking away the dramatic feel from the piece.
    Last edited by bigbossVII; 09-04-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigbossVII View Post
    My style varies, I could go from minimalistic approach to a full gfx makeover. I chose to leave most of it be for that particular sig. The reason for this is the simple fact that its a great picture and there really wasn't a whole lot I could do to it without making it unrecognizable. I changed up the global lighting and added some orange softbrushing and a fractal to bring out his 'eye'.

When I do the minimalistic look, I want my supporting effects to look like they belong there in the first place rather than taking away the dramatic feel from the piece.
    Don't get the wrong idea, I like what you did with it. I wasn't saying it was bad or anything, Just that not much was done to it. I have a way of pointing out obvious things for no reason. So that's all it was.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]