network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPod Problems

Super Moderator

Default iPod Problems

My problem is that my iPod (touch) won't connect to my computer and won't show up on iTunes either. The iPod itself is pretty mest up as well it won't turn on by itself unless it's connected to the computer or my wall charger which makes me believe the battery is dead, thing is if I connect it to my computer or the wall charger it doesn't charge, it shows the apple logo for about 3-4 seconds then changes to the connect to itunes screen. I've left it connected to the wall charger all night hoping it would charge but unfortunately it still doesn't seem to charge it stays stuck on the connect to itunes screen then when I unplug the charger it shuts down and won't turn on. I tried making it go into dfu mode when I connect it to the computer about a million times already and it doesn't work either.

Has this happened to any of you guys if it has were you able to fix it? I'm really out of ideas right now, I've been messing around with it for the past two days and haven't been able to accomplish anything :/

Since it doesn't work on windows7 I switched over to ubuntu which I'm dualbooting but iTunes doesn't install in WINE, I know some of you guys run linux on your PC's, do you'll use iTunes? If you do how did you'll get it to run?

Any suggestion would be really helpful right now!

Retired

What generation? If you don't know, does it have volume buttons? Does it have two or three lines of text on the back? And lastly, how many gigabyte can it hold?

Standard procedure check: DFU mode doesn't show Connect to iTunes logo, so if your iPod showed the logo, it wasn't in DFU.

Super Moderator

It's a 2nd gen 8gb, and no nothing is broken I could still turn it off while the ipod is in the connect to itunes screen.