network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Retired

Default BioWare Considers Mass Effect for DS

Its seems that BioWare is trying its best to keep Mass Effect alive for fans by porting the game onto the Nintendo DS until Mass Effect 2 arrives. According to statements made by Chronicles lead Miles Holmes, Holmes says that the BioWare company is considering a DS version of Mass Effect. They're also considering DS versions of Dragon Age and Jade Empire. Holmes commented that he would personally want to see a DS version of Mass Effect the most.

"We have a lot of big plans for Mass Effect. Having a DS version would be an awesome way to keep interest alive and keep it going in addition to the next one [Mass Effect 2]," said Holmes.
    Via: Games Industry
    Last edited by Hybrix; 08-09-2008 at 03:56 AM.

Spot Veteran

alright....

XMB Gangsta

Cant imagine how this will be for ds.

Elite Poster

0.o I guess it will work.. I can't imagine how there going to do GTA for this but ok.

Special Task Force Unit

Quote Originally Posted by gigoo25 View Post
    alright....
    If you have nothing of interest to say, don't say it at all. That easily counts off as spam.

On to the topic, Mass Effect was simply awesome. And considering the level of quality and professionalism they put into their works, I wouldn't expect any less on the DS, even considering hardware limitations.

Spot Veteran

I smell fail. This is a promising franchise, why soil the name with a possibly (I mean extremely probable) AWFUL version for the DS?

edit

haha Genobee, 2 completely different views on this games potential

Special Task Force Unit

Yeah, were it a different company we were talking about, my opinion would have been different. They can entirely do something new and awesome on the DS, and I'm confident they could pull it off, but it seems that people espouse graphics over core gameplay mechanics. I mention this because I can't think of any reason why someone would say they can't see a Mass Effect game for the DS, being an RPG game.

I think this can be pulled off really well tbh, I wish BioWare all the best to PROPERLY utilise the Hardware the NDS offers.

Anyways, like I always say .......
    Great Games don't need Great Graphics !
    Great Games REQUiRE Great Gameplay !

Daigasso Band Brothers and Pokemon Link come to mind.......

PEaCE

News Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BigGanja View Post
    I think this can be pulled off really well tbh, I wish BioWare all the best to PROPERLY utilise the Hardware the NDS offers.

Anyways, like I always say .......
    Great Games don't need Great Graphics !
    Great Games REQUiRE Great Gameplay !

Daigasso Band Brothers and Pokemon Link come to mind.......

PEaCE
    The real reason why a game is great is if you think so. The general consensus might think your favorite game isn't the best, or sucks. But, hey it doesn't matter since you think its the best, then it is.

A good example of this is a home movie, you think its the best/funniest thing ever created. Others laugh at you're attempt...who cares.

So for me personally I think bioware could pull it off and make it really great for some. But, I won't buy it...to many other great games out there.

Send me a PM if you have any news.

Default a very useful software for nds and r4 cards

today i find a very useful software named DS happy box, anyone tried this software? DS Happy Box is a free application for NDS and PC, you can download and manage the games, videos, music, archive to your NDS. All entertainments are ready in DS Happy Box, It is free, simple and multifunctional.....I downloaded games and movies for free using ds happy box. free download here: http://www.nds9.com/happyboxs/