network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Spot Veteran

Default X3: Reunion installation problem...

Ok i know this game is kinda old but it was a fun game on my old computer.. anyways.. whenever i go to install the game it says the windows media files or w/e at the beginning are blocked due to incompatibility, so i didnt think anything of it and continued with the installation. it got finished and i restart my computer and it comes up saying "Attempting Repairs" it done with both times ive tried to install the game, and on my desktop computer also. (im trying to install on my laptop) the desktop has vista 64 bit. and my laptop has windows 7 64 bit. the computer it did run on was my really old computer that had XP on it... does anyone else have this problem when trying to install this game... because after my computer finishes its repairing the game is gone... i would really like to play this game again on a computer that can run it properly.. ive searched google and havent found anyone with a similar problem. im starting to think its my OS... but idk..

ty in advance for the help.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Elite Poster

Go into windows explorer or my computer, right-click on the disk and click on explore right click on the setup.exe (the name may differ) click on properties select the compatibility tab and enable XP sp2 compatibility mode and then try installing the game. If the compatibility drop down menu is locked even when you enable compatibility mode rip the contents to your desktop and right click on the setup.exe (the name may differ) click on properties select the compatibility tab and enable XP sp2 compatibility mode and then try installing the game.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PSPFreak2007 View Post
    Go into windows explorer or my computer, right-click on the disk and click on explore right click on the setup.exe (the name may differ) click on properties select the compatibility tab and enable XP sp2 compatibility mode and then try installing the game. If the compatibility drop down menu is locked even when you enable compatibility mode rip the contents to your desktop and right click on the setup.exe (the name may differ) click on properties select the compatibility tab and enable XP sp2 compatibility mode and then try installing the game.
    still no luck... i still get the compatibility issue at the beginning of the installation.

Elite Poster

google!!!!!!!!

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PSPFreak2007 View Post
    google!!!!!!!!
    im not like most noobs on this forum.... i actually used google before i made this thread.... i cant find anyone with the same problem as me... its all something about mp3 files not installing before the 3rd disc.. thats it. nothing like my problem...

Great information. Thanks for the post.
    Last edited by Apple85; 10-19-2014 at 07:47 PM.