network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Elite Poster

Default graphics card help please

i have a ati graphics card i think its a 2400 (i got it and the drivers a while ago)
    and i recently got it working (i had a previous thread that is old now) and after i install the drivers after the windows logo the screen turns black. what is wrong?

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by petfood56 View Post
    i have a ati graphics card i think its a 2400 (i got it and the drivers a while ago)
    and i recently got it working (i had a previous thread that is old now) and after i install the drivers after the windows logo the screen turns black. what is wrong?
    Maybe it's your monitor. I had to get a new monitor because mine did that too. So try out a different monitor and see if it still does that, If it does... maybe you installed the card wrong or something (usually that would be the power supply that cant take the card.) I'm not too big into graphics cards or anything but just some possible problems...

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Elite Poster

i know it is neither of them i think it is a driver problem and i dont know what do do about it

Elite Poster

it could also be a resolution problem or a frequency, refresh rate to high or 2 low

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PSPFreak2007 View Post
    it could also be a resolution problem or a frequency, refresh rate to high or 2 low
    yup, very true. So try making sure that whatever resolution and refresh rate you have set is compatible with the graphics card, I think if you have the wrong refresh rate (if its too high) it can damage the monitor. So.. if you can try setting it to 60 i think... ill check what the normal setting is.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Elite Poster

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    yup, very true. So try making sure that whatever resolution and refresh rate you have set is compatible with the graphics card, I think if you have the wrong refresh rate (if its too high) it can damage the monitor. So.. if you can try setting it to 60 i think... ill check what the normal setting is.
    Norm is 60hz and 1280x1024

Elite Poster

maybe OS is incompatible with the reso? i tried installing win2000 on my laptops spare partition and it said somrthing about reso?