network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [help] AIM lags

M-M-M Monster Member

Default [help] AIM lags

this is annoying me like crazy, when i send an IM it would freeze for like 5 or so seconds. when i'm getting IMs i can't barely try because it stops. sometimes it goes to the state where "this program is not responding: would you like to end this program, or wait till it respond" blah blah. it seems like AIM is the only one lagging, i would be in photoshop doing something and it doesn't lag while AIM is lagging in parallel.

i tried reinstalling and such but this lag remains, i scanned with malwarebytes and ESET found 0 threats, even run defragger and CCleaner. well this boost up my boot in the bright side.

any fixes?
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

Elite Poster

try reinstalling it or updating to the newest

M-M-M Monster Member

Quote Originally Posted by petfood56 View Post
    try reinstalling it or updating to the newest
    yes i did reinstall, and im using the newest version 7.3
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

Check your settings. Even if you uninstall, I believe that your settings don't get deleted.
    If that doesn't work, you can always use http://Meebo.com,or AIM exprerss

Spot Veteran

That happened to me before. I think it's a problem with the beta. (since AIM 7 is in beta). If you are on vista or Win 7 try running as admin and compatibility mode set to Win XP SP2. That might help a little bit.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

M-M-M Monster Member

Quote Originally Posted by darklite View Post
    Check your settings. Even if you uninstall, I believe that your settings don't get deleted.
    If that doesn't work, you can always use http://Meebo.com,or AIM exprerss
    what settings in particular?
    and which folder is this on? so i can manually delete it

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    That happened to me before. I think it's a problem with the beta. (since AIM 7 is in beta). If you are on vista or Win 7 try running as admin and compatibility mode set to Win XP SP2. That might help a little bit.
    kk ill try it
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

what settings in particular?
    and which folder is this on? so i can manually delete it
    They should be in X:\Program Files\AIM Where "X" is the name of the drive in which AIM is installed. Delete the whole folder, and then reinstall AIM. Its worth a try.

M-M-M Monster Member

Quote Originally Posted by darklite View Post
    They should be in X:\Program Files\AIM Where "X" is the name of the drive in which AIM is installed. Delete the whole folder, and then reinstall AIM. Its worth a try.
    i checked and see that files inside that folder but i dont think one of them is bout my settings, because after reinstalling my theme/window color for aim remained the same
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MJaj13 View Post
    i checked and see that files inside that folder but i dont think one of them is bout my settings, because after reinstalling my theme/window color for aim remained the same
    the aim themes and display pictures are linked to your aol account through the internet. So no matter what computer you sign in to it will automatically download the files needed for you to have a personalized AIM window. Basically no matter what computer you sign into, your display picture, and theme will be the same. Given the fact that its the same version of AIM on each computer.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

M-M-M Monster Member

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    the aim themes and display pictures are linked to your aol account through the internet. So no matter what computer you sign in to it will automatically download the files needed for you to have a personalized AIM window. Basically no matter what computer you sign into, your display picture, and theme will be the same. Given the fact that its the same version of AIM on each computer.
    well ok but it still remembered my password, auto sign-in and other options
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.