network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: [help] AIM lags

  1. #1
    M-M-M Monster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,264

    Default [help] AIM lags

    this is annoying me like crazy, when i send an IM it would freeze for like 5 or so seconds. when i'm getting IMs i can't barely try because it stops. sometimes it goes to the state where "this program is not responding: would you like to end this program, or wait till it respond" blah blah. it seems like AIM is the only one lagging, i would be in photoshop doing something and it doesn't lag while AIM is lagging in parallel.

    i tried reinstalling and such but this lag remains, i scanned with malwarebytes and ESET found 0 threats, even run defragger and CCleaner. well this boost up my boot in the bright side.

    any fixes?
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

  2.    
  3. #2
    Elite Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    at my computer
    Posts
    464

    Default

    try reinstalling it or updating to the newest



  4. #3
    M-M-M Monster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petfood56 View Post
    try reinstalling it or updating to the newest
    yes i did reinstall, and im using the newest version 7.3
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a place called Earth.
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Check your settings. Even if you uninstall, I believe that your settings don't get deleted.
    If that doesn't work, you can always use http://Meebo.com,or AIM exprerss

  6. #5
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A place I don't wanna be.
    Posts
    819

    Default

    That happened to me before. I think it's a problem with the beta. (since AIM 7 is in beta). If you are on vista or Win 7 try running as admin and compatibility mode set to Win XP SP2. That might help a little bit.

    Wanna request a sig click the [X]

  7. #6
    M-M-M Monster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darklite View Post
    Check your settings. Even if you uninstall, I believe that your settings don't get deleted.
    If that doesn't work, you can always use http://Meebo.com,or AIM exprerss
    what settings in particular?
    and which folder is this on? so i can manually delete it

    Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    That happened to me before. I think it's a problem with the beta. (since AIM 7 is in beta). If you are on vista or Win 7 try running as admin and compatibility mode set to Win XP SP2. That might help a little bit.
    kk ill try it
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a place called Earth.
    Posts
    154

    Default

    what settings in particular?
    and which folder is this on? so i can manually delete it
    They should be in X:\Program Files\AIM Where "X" is the name of the drive in which AIM is installed. Delete the whole folder, and then reinstall AIM. Its worth a try.

  9. #8
    M-M-M Monster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darklite View Post
    They should be in X:\Program Files\AIM Where "X" is the name of the drive in which AIM is installed. Delete the whole folder, and then reinstall AIM. Its worth a try.
    i checked and see that files inside that folder but i dont think one of them is bout my settings, because after reinstalling my theme/window color for aim remained the same
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

  10. #9
    Spot Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A place I don't wanna be.
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJaj13 View Post
    i checked and see that files inside that folder but i dont think one of them is bout my settings, because after reinstalling my theme/window color for aim remained the same
    the aim themes and display pictures are linked to your aol account through the internet. So no matter what computer you sign in to it will automatically download the files needed for you to have a personalized AIM window. Basically no matter what computer you sign into, your display picture, and theme will be the same. Given the fact that its the same version of AIM on each computer.

    Wanna request a sig click the [X]

  11. #10
    M-M-M Monster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    the aim themes and display pictures are linked to your aol account through the internet. So no matter what computer you sign in to it will automatically download the files needed for you to have a personalized AIM window. Basically no matter what computer you sign into, your display picture, and theme will be the same. Given the fact that its the same version of AIM on each computer.
    well ok but it still remembered my password, auto sign-in and other options
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts