network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About cracks...

Ultra Member

Default About cracks...

WAIT, I'm not doing what you are probably thinking. I'm just curious.

Ok, as some of you may know, my mom is a Sims 3 fiend, she bought the game, (and I bought her a expansion pack [world adventures.. P.O.S cost me $40 lol]) and now all the sudden, she says she's getting tired of putting in the DVD. So I wanna ask is, since you need the disk to launch the game, would one of those "Illegal" cracks allow her to play without one?

If you don't understand what im talking about, I'm asking for a iso like thingy, like the psp, being able to play straight from the HDD. Since she bought it, would it be okay? or do you need the dvd for games like that?

Spotter got spotted!

[GameJackal Pro] lets you play games that require DVDs without inserting the DVD. It somehow bypasses the protection on the game by monitoring what happens when you start the game with the DVD inserted, and recreates it every time you play the game through the special shortcut GameJackal Pro creates for you

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention, it's completely legal, because it requires you to insert the disc the first time you use it
    Last edited by SpotterMan; 07-09-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Ultra Member

Oh okay, thanks a lot, I just wasn't sure. She'll be happy to her this, thanks for the link.

Spotter got spotted!

No problem. I actually used GameJackal a lot before. It's really good and works with nearly every game!

The Moogle

A no-CD fix is known as a crack and they are illegal. The GameJackal thing is known as a debugger and a cloner.

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    The only way it's illegal is if you download the game off a torrent site.
    This is wrong. Though the part about it being legal if you own the game is right.
    Last edited by Joomla12; 07-30-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Linux Enthusiast

Get a program called GameDrive. (Newer versions are just called Virtual Drives)

Else, you could download Alcohol 120% or CloneCD/DVD, whatever works for you.

Make an ISO image of the disk, then download "Daemon Tools Lite" with as many virtual drives you need and mount the images.

Daemon Tools Lite is free, whatever CD/DVD copying program you want may not be free but that never stops anyone.
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

Quote Originally Posted by Joomla12 View Post
    A no-CD fix is known as a crack and they are illegal. The GameJackal thing is known as a debugger and a cloner.

This is wrong. Though the part about it being legal if you own the game is right.
    Uhm same like with cracks. פצ
    Same like with MP3s or other dumped medias. If you have an original from the game is legal, but you don't have the permission to share that files with other.