network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    M-M-M Monster Member

Default [help] 0.exe wtf?!

i saw this on my processes, by the looks of it i thought it was a virus, trojan.
    i searched it and most of my findings say it is most likely a malicious file, i scan the file location with eset smart security, but it says clean, same with malwarebytes.

its 0.exe *32, located at c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\0.exe, using 756 k in the memory.

should i delete this file immediately??
    idk if its legit

Spotter got spotted!

I'm not familiar with it, but from Googling "0.exe" I don't want to trust that file. Kill it in Task Manager just to be safe. If it's in the temp folder it shouldn't be important to the system.

Retired

What OS are you running?

Go to Start and type in msconfig (vista/w7) or start -> run -> msconfig on XP.
    Go to the startup tab. Is the 0.exe there?

edit: 0.exe - What is 0.exe?
    that

M-M-M Monster Member

running win7 OS 64 bit
    yeah thats what i did, i end process the moment i saw it

0.exe is not on start up psyko

Spotter got spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by MJaj13 View Post
    0.exe is not on start up psyko
    Good. Now, run Disk Cleanup and clear your temporary files. That should hopefully be the last of the 0.exe problem.

Delete it. Not important, or it wouldn't have been in Temp folder.

Wut?

Windows errors related to 0.exe?

0.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system. We strongly recommend that you run a FREE registry scan to identify 0.exe related errors.

Recommendation

DISABLE AND REMOVE 0.exe IMMEDIATELY. This process is most likely a virus or trojan. It is highly recommended that you run a FREE performance scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings.

yay.
    Google it next time.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    yay.
    Google it next time.
    lol, he did...

Anyways, you wanna get something that scans for rootkits, if you scanned with 2 virus programs and it says its clean it could be protected by a rootkit. So try finding a program that scans for that, and then once it deletes the registry entry saying its not a virus it'll find it as a virus. If it does the whole rootkit thing. Best to remove it completely though.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

M-M-M Monster Member

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    lol, he did...

Anyways, you wanna get something that scans for rootkits, if you scanned with 2 virus programs and it says its clean it could be protected by a rootkit. So try finding a program that scans for that, and then once it deletes the registry entry saying its not a virus it'll find it as a virus. If it does the whole rootkit thing. Best to remove it completely though.
    i found Sophos Anti-Root Kit is that good?
    @bolt
    read carefully

Spot Veteran

Honestly, i have no idea.. I use AVG 9.0 and it does everything for me, havent had a virus since I got it. I know a lot of people say it sucks, but I think its the best anti-virus out there. Anyways, back to what i was saying AVG has a good rootkit scanner, you can try sophos but if you havent already installed the trial version of AVG 9.0 you could try that too. And remember, there might not even be a rootkit, I was just making a suggestion, and saying why i thought it didnt detect the 0.exe virus.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]