network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    The Hoe Strangler

Default Revert Bootable USB to normal USB storage.

So Can you guys help me out please? I had to factory restore my Laptop and I haven't been online, henc I had no laptop to check consolespot. But I have a WD 300GB external har drive. Now, I made it into a boot able hard drive, but I wanna make it back to a normal USB Storage drive. Can you guys help me out how to do this? I heard you just format it. But it doesn't show you as a storage drive. I right-click on my computer and go into Disk management and its labeled as disk 1.

Look at the Root of your ext. HD and configurate your PC that you would see hidden files and hidden system files.

In the Root of the HD it exists autorun files and boot.ini. With which program you have made the HD bootable in bIOs?

Elite Poster

Are you sure you didn't install windows on it?
    If you didn't run a live CD of ubuntu and format it to NTFS.

</tread>

Also known as:
    cryphakon
    badboy.mjk
    kempmjk

The Hoe Strangler

No like I followed this video

Then I git to the part where it goes into formatting fs=ntfs. From there, I decided not to install Windows 7. Sol I wanna know what can I do to change it back to a regular USB Drive.

I have made a Bootable USB-Stick with WinVista on it. I only just format the Device back to FAT32 and yeah it's run normal. Can you use the Device if you are in Windows? Example: Boot -> Windows is online -> connect the USB Drive -> Browse Files?

If you would the device shouldn't boot, so erease autorun.ini and bootmgr. If the bootmgr is not allready installed on the drive. The drive couldn't use as bootable
    Last edited by cOOLsp0T; 08-07-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Retired

All you need to do is format it to NTFS within Windows. It'll wipe all the nasty stuff you don't need off the drive and it'll be reverted to a plain storage device.

Itís really great posts.
    Last edited by Vjiznikoder; 06-07-2014 at 09:54 PM.