network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Intel: Core i7 to Be Up to 52% Faster Compared to Core 2 Quad.

Intel Corp. expects its forthcoming Intel Core i7 processors to be much more powerful compared to existing central processing units, according to documents reportedly seen by the media. If the information turns to be precise enough, then Intel has all chances to keep processor performance crown even after smaller rival Advanced Micro Devices launches its new chips.

Documents from Intel Corp. allegedly seen by Expreview web-site reportedly mention that Intel Core i7 processor delivers 52% speed improvement in 3D games, 41% higher performance in media encoding and editing applications as well as 38% greater 3D rendering speed when compared to Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770.

Intel Core i7 965 is a premium class Nehalem-micro-architecture microprocessor for desktops that operates at 3.20GHz. The Core 2 Extreme QX9770 is Intelís top-of-the-range CPU at the moment at that also works at 3.20GHz. If the information regarding performance improvements is correct, then it means that the new micro-architecture in its first implementation provides roughly 52% more performance at the same clock-speed compared to currently used Core 2 micro-architecture.

Advanced Micro Devices recently said that its forthcoming quad-core processors powered by improved K10 micro-architecture will be roughly 35% more powerful than its existing chips at the same clock-speed.

Intel did not comment on the news-story.

Source: xbit
    Useful Threads
    [x] [x] [x] [x]

Retired

3.20 ghZ is kinda much....
    I only have 3 ghZ.
    GOD!! it feels like my computer is stoneage.... NOT

VIP Helper

LOL 1.86 C2D over here. And I am a bit worried that the new i7's will only be for mac's because of the damn i (apple has everything beginning with an i).

Administrator

Only the top end i7's will run at 3.2Ghz just like the QX's now, personally I don't know anyone who's sane that has a QX now and I certainly won't be needing one for a long time, about 90% of a games preformance is done by the GPU, a high end CPU is only needed for games that rely on physics such as Crysis, however games using the Source engine use a lot of CPU with enables them to run on PC's with lower end graphics cards. I'm happy with my C2D E8400 running OC'ed at 4.02Ghz.

Spot Veteran

CPU has verry little to do with games these days, GPU's take rendering, PPU's take physics, the CPU is jsut for overhead now.

(also, Crysis wont even use up the power of a core 2 duo 2.3 Ghz for Physics)

What this really means, is beter encoding performance, 3D rendering needs to be moved to hardware, but thats a point for a diferent thread.

Just A Little Bit Crazi3r !

Oh my gosh and i though intel core 2 quad was damn fast. 52% OMG!

iBaller

Probably gonna cost a lot!
    And I am pretty happy with my current Quad Core processor

I probably won't have that much money!
    Its going to be expencive!!!

whoa thats awsome considering i need a new computer im going to get that!

Just A Little Bit Crazi3r !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Unique View Post
    I probably won't have that much money!
    Its going to be expencive!!!
    Well if the Intel Extreme is the same as the i7 in speed (3.20Ghz) and the Extreme is $1400 I can't even begin to imagine how much the i7 is going to cost.