network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    reddit/u/prof1t

Default Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 RC1

Microsoft quietly released the first update to its IE8 beta 2 to its closest partners last week. This new version is marked as “Release Candidate 1” and is expected to be the final IE8 pre-release update Microsoft intends to make available to the public sometime in the first quarter of 2009. TG Daily was able to take the browser for a first spin: We noticed that Microsoft made significant progress in some areas, but is standing still others. RC1, which is believed to be the first feature-complete version of the browser, will not match the JavaScript performance of all other major browsers.

Overview:

Problems with Internet Explorer 8 RC1 and Windows XP SP3:
    The warning may seem superfluous, especially since it echoes a similar recommendation from Microsoft at the release of the beta 2 of IE8 last August. But we do still not accuse Microsoft of playing background transparency.

With the RC1 version of IE8 freshly made public, the "problem" remains the same as the previous test versions of the browser. Thus, if a user of Windows XP has completed the installation of SP3 after the IE8 Beta 1 or 2, the installation of over RC1 can become a free return.

A warning will properly alert the user attempted on the relative dangers of its action, but if he decides to ignore it after installing IE8 RC1, it may in the future to uninstall IE8 or SP3.

"Windows XP SP3 and IE8 RC1 will become permanent. You can always upgrade to higher versions of IE8 will be proposed, but when you can no longer remove them" said Jane Maliouta, program manager for the deployment of IE8.

To avoid the fragmentation that some users in horror, the workaround is fairly straightforward but tedious, consisting prior to uninstall Windows XP SP3, uninstall the beta of IE8, SP3 and then reinstall the RC1 of IE8 desired.

No problem for Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    With Windows Vista and its SP1, no problems of this kind, and most importantly, it is not necessary as before to manually uninstall IE8 beta before installing IE8 RC1. Everything is taken care of automatically and the user if necessary, every opportunity to make a clean uninstall from the control panel dedicated. As for Windows 7 beta, no worries because IE8 RC1 recall that it is not intended.

Now if you are interested in it, download Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 RC1 below:

Last edited by aCekinG; 02-01-2009 at 11:59 AM.
    noSIG?

Retired

Seems like noone commented it.
    lol

I don't wanna update yet. I had it and all youtube and that crap stopped working.
    So I'll wait for the full IE8 to be released. (IE6 to IE7 was amazingly better. Don't wanna go to a laggier browser)

The Moogle

No one likes IE, sorry. Windows 7 comes with it and I can barely see any improvements.

Elite Poster

i dont know about IEs. im using opera or safari for windows or a firefox. hmmm... whats IE again? Internet Error?
    NoBoDy QuItS aT HaLfTiMe... We DoNt ScOrE UnTiL yOu ScOrE...

I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic.

IE= Internet Explorer

Firefox all the way.

Retired

True. I use IE7 sometimes, when my Firefox just gives up and hangs.. lol
    It's my hero but mostly it's just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic.

IE= Internet Explorer

Firefox all the way.
    Nope, IE is Intranet Exploder.

[/SARCASM]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe-M33 View Post
    two themes isnt really a themes pack.
    Its more like... uhm... Two themes.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    True. I use IE7 sometimes, when my Firefox just gives up and hangs.. lol
    It's my hero but mostly it's just annoying.
    I was just discussing how Firefox is getting cocky since they are getting popular. They are lossing innovativeness and IE8 is trying to get back on track.

I just got into google chrome but still like Safari 3 best IMO
    Can you beat MYbrute?

Retired

I tried google chrome but it didn't last more then 10 minutes.

Must have energy

Firefox dominates.
    N/A

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast