network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    reddit/u/prof1t

Default Windows 7 will have an "XP mode"

Microsoft has been working for a while on a Windows XP mode, which uses virtualization to enable Windows 7 easier to run applications developed with/for Windows XP. According to sources close to the product, the compatibility of applications is built on the Virtual PC technology that Microsoft acquired it in 2003, when he bought Connectix.
    By adding this compatibility mode, Microsoft is trying to solve one of the shortcomings of Windows Vista: problems of compatibility with its software designed for XP and earlier versions of the operating system.

Details of how Windows XP, previously known as Virtual Windows XP, were published Friday on the blog Windows SuperSite.
    Technology was not included in the beta of Windows 7, but is expected to be released alongside the upcoming release candidate version, which will be released to developers this week and the public since May 5.
    It seems that the XP will be offered with Windows XP, but will be available as free download for those who buy Proffesional versions, enterprise, or "ultimate" of Windows 7.

[Via: News.Com ]
    noSIG?

Retired

YAY! I'm soooooooooo getting Windows 7 when it's dropped on the market! I mean, it's faster and better looking then vista. Can it get better?
    Seriously, can't freaking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reddit/u/prof1t

I am sure it cannot get any better for me, i mean the only thing i wanted is Windows XP application's to be compatible with Windows 7.

That is pretty much all i care about, because there are so many Windows XP application's that are worth working on Windows 7.
    noSIG?

Spot Veteran

It's a virtual box of XP dont get your hopes up, I have screenshots from winmatrix if you want them
    Can you beat MYbrute?

XMB Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    YAY! I'm soooooooooo getting Windows 7 when it's dropped on the market! I mean, it's faster and better looking then vista. Can it get better?
    Seriously, can't freaking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol, get a macbook...ITS WAY BETTER.

Special Task Force Unit

Quote Originally Posted by mutevict1m View Post
    What does this have anything to do with the news, or the discussion at hand?

wow all this sounds better and is getting better all the time! isnt Windows 7 just a modded xp but with loads of other features an addons? thats wot i think it basicly is
    Chromatic White 5.50 GEN-D3 phat psp, MY own custom theme, internet radio as PSPRadio, Go!Messenger as AFKiM, and edited prx's.

Awesome Drum and Bass Radio Stations

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by mutevict1m View Post
    Macs are ok, but is it really worth it for $1000 more, i'd say.... NO. i like pc's

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by klinkdawg24 View Post
    Macs are ok, but is it really worth it for $1000 more, i'd say.... NO. i like pc's
    same. Never been a mac fan. it just got alot of weird effects and blue interface.

Elite Poster

Mac's fail. Windows Se7en looks and sounds damn awesome! Cannot wait at all!