network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Spam Buster

Default Opera 10.60 BETA

Opera has released version 10.60 of its web browser, claiming that performance boosts and new features define the latest update.

According to the the company, the new version is 50% faster in JavaScript tests than its predecessor, and adds news tools, including geolocation capability that Opera claims can improve localised search results.

Also new, the company says, is support for WebM, a Google-led open source HTML5 video standard based on the VP8 codec. WebM support was actually added recently in a nightly developer build.

Consumers using online applications could also benefit from Appcache, which Opera says “lets you use different applications, such as word processor, image editor, spreadsheets and much more, in your web browser even when offline”.

In a bizarre twist, Opera has also signed an agreement with arch enemy Microsoft, and will include Microsoft's Bing search engine as one of the default search options in 10.60.

Opera previously caused untold grief for Microsoft when it complained to the European Union that Microsoft bundling Internet Explorer with its Windows operating system distorted the browser market.
    The complaint sparked a full-blown EU investigation and led to the Browser Ballot Screen in Windows.

Opera 10.60 beta is available for download on all platforms.
    Honey Badger don't give a sh*t!

Retired

Opera is just that one browser that everyone is aware of, but nobody uses.

People like love Firefox. Those who don't got Firefox, either got Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Thanks for the news tho.(FYI: PC news isn't linked with frontpage )

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    Opera is just that one browser that everyone is aware of, but nobody uses.

People like love Firefox. Those who don't got Firefox, either got Chrome or Internet Explorer.
    firefox is (and always was) a piece of shit and anyone who ever used opera and compared the two would know that.
    firefox is about as slow as internet explorer.. :/
    millions of people use opera across multiple platforms including windows, mac, smartphones, iphone/ipod touch, ds/dsi, and wii.
    so.. don't take this as flaming or trolling, it's just that.. well. you were way off on that one, psyko.

edit: now if you would have said the same thing about maxthon browser, now then it would have been true.
    Last edited by shabutie78; 06-17-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Retired

I never said anything about speeds. I said that people love firefox.

I've used the four most common browsers.
    Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 10.x.
    Without a doubt I prefer Firefox or Chrome over IE or Opera.

And that's not just me. Just look at all the people using FireFox.
    Besides, with the right amount of tweaking, firefox is as lightweight as any other browser.

Don't Stop Me Now

Downloading now. I prefer Opera over any other browser. It's much faster than FF or any other browser in my case.

Many thanks to DigitalFlow for making Bruce Lee sig

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie78 View Post
    firefox is (and always was) a piece of shit and anyone who ever used opera and compared the two would know that.
    firefox is about as slow as internet explorer.. :/
    millions of people use opera across multiple platforms including windows, mac, smartphones, iphone/ipod touch, ds/dsi, and wii.
    so.. don't take this as flaming or trolling, it's just that.. well. you were way off on that one, psyko.

edit: now if you would have said the same thing about maxthon browser, now then it would have been true.
    what...... Firefox is great. My old computer never liked IE8 so I would always use firefox, id get constant crashes on any other browser including IE8 and Opera. So as far as im concerned Opera is the piece of shit, and firefox isnt. I hate opera just about as much as I hate macs.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Spam Buster

Opera for iPhone is awesome though! They haven't released Firefox for iphone yet though.

Elite Poster

Quote Originally Posted by spike_132000 View Post
    Opera for iPhone is awesome though! They haven't released Firefox for iphone yet though.
    they should!!

Spam Buster

totally agree, would be beastly