network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Computer Help ASAP.

Well not to long ago i was give a computer from a friend. But the downfall was it was not working.

Here's the problem:
    1. When I try to turn on the computer the light light up but the screen stay blank.
    2. Some days the screen will show that its starting up but the it goes blank.
    3. Some times it does make the beeping noise.
    4. And i also can tell you that it is not the screen i used it for my dell computer so i know it works.
    5. Type of computer is a Compaq Presario SR2017CL.

From what I search it could be the BIOS or the graphic card. I need ideas on what else it could be or what i can do to fix it.

The Moogle

How many beeps is it? Count how many it is then Google x number of IRQ beeps. It'll tell you the error.

Cookie Monstah!!!

when u say stays blanks does it stay black at all or does something pop up? like the loading screen or nor even?

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by Joomla12 View Post
    How many beeps is it? Count how many it is then Google x number of IRQ beeps. It'll tell you the error.
    Now i found out that it does not even beep what so ever. N now the mouse and keyboard dont even light up.

Quote Originally Posted by darkgundamz View Post
    when u say stays blanks does it stay black at all or does something pop up? like the loading screen or nor even?
    Nothing pops up on screen what so every.

The Moogle

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

Ultra Member

The same thing happened to my mothers HP laptop (compaq is a hp brand, if you didn't know) the screen turns on (but only backlight, all of the butons are on (they're blue)

It has to do something with your graphics card + motherboard.

I suggest you call HP.

Cookie Monstah!!!

maybe its the monitor port in the desktop that's waht happened to me...MAYBE!!

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=

Yeah, agrees with dripz. I had this problem once, but I changed my graphic card and it worked. Try changing graphic card or motherboard.

History of PSP Slim 2k>
    3.71m33 > 5.00m33-6 > Bricked > 3.71m33 > 5.00m33-6 > 5.50GenD-3
    Big thanks to omarein for including me in the KHBBS theme credits, and for the effort in making the theme

ミク RULES .

Make follow steps:
    Search this place on the Mainboard. That what it marks yellow on this picture is the jumper. Put them out for prospective 10sec. Then you put it back on the same place.
    Start the Box

If you don't find this place, you can see the button battery? Put there out for prospective 10sec and put it back.

If that not works.
    Start the Box
    And press imidiatly the ENTF or F1 button to have acces for the BIOS Menue
    If that works, go to the Harddisc configuration and look, if you have installed a RAID system, then you choose RAID. If you have only S-ATA or IDE HDs installed use the IDE Mode.
    Next step look at the graficadapter options. What for a Port is for the PC the first one for initiating. If you have an AGP Graficadapter you choose PCE/AGP, if it's PCI or PCIe so choose PCE/PCIe. PCE is the internal graficadapter with shared memory, it's recommend for the debugging that this start first by initiating. If that works you change the setting back to PCI/PCE or AGP/PCE after this setting the monitor would black again the box need a new graficadapter.

If you have tried it without change. So you need a new Motherboard