network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    The Hoe Strangler

Default Logitech and GTA:SA

Okay, so I bought myself GTA:SA for PC. Now, I guess, I went out and bought a USB gamepad to use as well. Now, here my problem, I can't seem to program my buttons to match the PS2 version. I know that in the PS2 GTA, a few commands are the same button. For example, commanding your gang, using up or down. But it seems on this game pad, I cant program the D-Pad at all. I've tried useing this one program called SAAC v1.2? But I can't seem to launch the program. I'm using Windows 7 by the way. Any help please.

Oh, and I don't know if this is true or not, but if you have a PS2 controller, and buy a PS2 -->USB adapter, then GTA will automatically adjust to the controller? IDK. But help would be appreciated, thanks

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

You should just buy a XBOX360 Controller. Or if you have a PS3, there is a program that allows you to use the PS3 Controller as a PC Game Controller, there is a thread in the PS3 section about it.

As for the PS2 + USB Adapter, IDK...

as leo said, you should've just bought a crashbox360 controller. they work perfectly with windows vista and 7.
    or, i recommend buying a ps3 controller if you don't already have a PS3.
    the program you use with the ps3 controller allows you to emulate a 360 controller, and also you can use it wirelessly if you have bluetooth in your computer.
    if you don't have bluetooth, you just use a usb cable.
    and use xpadder.
    xpadder works with any game, and you use it to customize the controller exactly the way you want it.
    sorry if i left out some detail, i'm in a rush

Ultra Member

Lol, as both Leo and Shabutie suggested, go get a 360 controller (WIRED IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY A WIRELESS RECEIVER, works for emus too). But I use JoyToKey for my mapping needs.

Btw, Shabutie as in coheed and cambria?

The Hoe Strangler

You know what, first off, not a XBOX fan, more of a SONY fanboi, yea I know, lame but I bought the controller now, so I don't feel like going back to best buy and getting tape and reseal up this control. But I guess shabutie78 just might have found my solution. I'm looking at the program and it seem to be my answer. Til then, thanks again guys. Either this Xpadder progam works for me, or I'll have to work with this gamepad/key broad combo. I don't really want to switch back and fourth.

Linux Enthusiast

Make your own PS2/USB controller with spare/leftover parts.

1 Old Controller.
    1 Old USB 2.0 Cable.

Cut the end of the controller off, or splice into it with the Male side of the USB cable.

There should only be 4 colors (green/white/black/red) to match, and 1 ground (naked copper wire).

Not hard and should only take an hour if you have no clue what you're doing. You'll catch on quick after cutting into it.

Then just get PS2 Controller Drivers for your Windows version.
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

ON3

suggest a controller it easy to use just install it

Ipod Touch 1G: J-Broke 3.1.2
    Psp 1000:5.50 GEN-D3
    Had a DS Lite:R4 SDHC then sold it n now i have a DSi:Acekard2i
    Wii:Ver:4.1 w/Homebrew Channel