network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Laptop?

Default New Laptop?

Hey guys I just graduated so I'm about to get a laptop, but the problem is I don't know which one to get... so which laptop can I get that is cheap, has a lot of memory, the works?

Spot Veteran

Well I Have one that was pretty cheap, plays UT3 engine games like A.V.A. and stuff so the chipset is pretty good, a 2.2 ghz dual core intel processor, 4 gigs of ram, and 300 gig HDD. I'll try and find a link with more info on it. Works very nicely and its really reliable also.

Edit: Asus K60IJ-RBLX05 Laptop reviews - CNET Reviews

there ya go
    Last edited by afterlife1230; 06-07-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

there's another asus line that is kick ass, the g series, i recommend the G73JH- A1 OR THE -A2
    ..in some stores they calle them in a different way
    the RBBX09 AND RBBX05

the only difference between both is the ram and h.d.d AND ALSO A BLU RAY UNIT, the configurations may vary depending from where you are purchasing....

the configurations in the stores may vary and i have found that the best place to get one of these two laptops is in best buy....im not promoting just suggesting because i am looking forward to get one of those laptops and the cheapest store i found is best buy...even in amazon or newegg is more expensive

i recommend one of those 2 because of the relation price product is pretty god....basically
    for $1.199 you can get the asus RBBX05 which has 500HDD 6GB RAM A QUAD CORE I7 PROCESSOR, AN ATI RADEON HD5870 1GB RAM GDDR5....a nice 17.3 inch screen....etc
    you can run pretty heavy stuffs...even the latest games...like modern warfare 2 or battlefield bad company etc....
    AND the RBBX09 COMES WITH THE SAME STUFF...but with 8gb ram and 1TB HDD

if you compare any of these 2 laptops with any other in the market out there and you won't find anything with this components at the same price.....just google at the
    ASUS RBBX05 OR RBBX09 or even in youtube and you'll find alot of reviews......i hope this helps a little good luck!!

thanks to "Anonymous Blah" for the signature

Spot Veteran

He was talking bout a budget laptop with good specs, which the ASUS k series laptops are good for entertainment, you get the most outta your money for a little less than $500. I'm sure he doesnt wanna pay a thousand $ on a laptop just yet. Im waiting to get an Alienware for that....

Afterlife, you know what I'm talkin' about lol I'll definitely look into those laptops thanks for the help you guys.

Retired

On a side notice, thread moved.
    OT/Spam -> PC hardware

There are sections for computing. Use them

Linux Enthusiast

You may not have the money to do it, but alienware laptops are definitely worth the extra bit of money.

Where the Desktops are just overpriced for whats in them, the laptops are rightly priced. A little on the steep side, but completely worth it in the long run. They rarely ever get hot (if maintained correctly) and can run damn near anything. Even the newer 15" models.

I've only seen one good review for any Asus laptop and that laptop had a i7 3ghz overclocked cpu, 1TB of space, 12gigs of ram and it was a bloody monster.

If you can scrape up the extra cash, I'd definitely advise getting an Alienware M11/15x. You won't have any problems with one, and you'll never have to worry about upgrading for new games for a good 2+ years, with the specs they have.
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

I'm not really looking for a laptop for gaming, I really don't like pc games.

ON3

Save up and get a toshiba satellite A505 like me

Ipod Touch 1G: J-Broke 3.1.2
    Psp 1000:5.50 GEN-D3
    Had a DS Lite:R4 SDHC then sold it n now i have a DSi:Acekard2i
    Wii:Ver:4.1 w/Homebrew Channel

Spot Veteran

Dont get a toshiba satellite. After about 6 months some of them have a problem with the HDD that you have to pay to fix, when its almost the same as Xbox's ring of death. and then after it gets fixed, the same thing happens 6 months later. Toshiba sucks IMO, try brands like ASUS, Acer, Compaq, HP. They have some good budget computers great for entertainment.