network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VIP Member

Default [Solution] Bypass Upgrading to Firmware 3.21 Update

Yes, that is correct, for those who do not want to update to the "downgraded" Firmware of 3.21, a bypass method is here. There have been many ways to bypass the updating of PlayStation 3 Software for a long time now, however with the release of the new 3.21 Firmware and users mentioning they want to upgrade to play online and use PSN, this is a way to do that and bypass updating.

Update 1: Youtube Video Shows PlayStation 3 Running fine with proxy tool

Update 2: For people having problems doing this bypass method, two extra instructions have been added onto the bottom of the instruction list, and additionally the libraryfiles.exe download has been attached to the bottom of this post.

Install these files before running the application and starting the bypass instructions.

As found on ps3hax, Logans PS3 Proxy tool will run via your computer, allowing the PlayStation 3 to bypass the firmware update. This tool is the easier method to allow users to bypass this. Below is the instructions to use the application as posted by jorg via ps3hax.net:

run the LG5tool exe
    click on the firmware update box so its checked
    then click start proxy it will show your IP address
    go to ps3 and click network settings
    click on internet connection settings
    click on the custom method
    click wireless or wired (what ever you are using)
    #wireless only: click scan
    #select your wireless connection (SSID)
    # confirm your SSID (network name)
    #select your security settings and fill out your password and username
    click automatic for "IP address settings"
    click do not set for "DHCP host name"
    click automatic for "DNS settings"
    click automatic for "MTU"
    click use for "proxy server"
    type in your IP address that shows in LG5tool it will be something like "192.168.x.xxx" (the x are numbers that are different for every one for example mine is 192.168.1.110)
    click enable for "UPNP"
    then test your connection
    Sign Into the PlayStation Network, please note however first attempt will fail
    Now uncheck the firmware update box on Logan5's application and Sign in again
    Hope this helps answer your questions on updating and not being able to use the PlayStation Network. Using this should allow you to bypass this. Attached is the downloadable application.

Post your comments, would like to know what users think

Source: Via The PS3 Hax Network
    Credits: Geohot, ps3hax.net, efaustus9 (youtube video), Logan, Jorg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PSP Nikos; 04-03-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Added [more] tags, Added Youtube update, attached files and updated post

Elite Poster

I feel 'front-page news.'

VIP Member

so do i :P

seeing as it helps users get past updating their software it is definately worth a shout on the front page

Ultra Member

How long do you reckon before sony finds this out? If they can do anything about it?

I'll download this once I hook back up my ps3 (god knows when that'll be....)

VIP Member

this tool has been around since 2009

and there is another method as well which has been around since the early versions of the PlayStation 3.

Sony does know about these ways to bypass, however, they have chosen not to block it out. If they did then I feel that an unpresidented outrage would start within the PlayStation Community

Retired

@PSP Nikos: The Submit gaming news section is for various gaming news, not for specified consoles.
    Stuff that covers gaming and/or computing in a major way.
    Secondly, it's not linked to frontpage. Even regular users can post there.

Anyhow, I moved this into General PS3 discussion until a trusted member or a trusted source confirms this being legit.
    After all, it's Aprils fools day

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    @PSP Nikos: The Submit gaming news section is for various gaming news, not for specified consoles.
    Stuff that covers gaming and/or computing in a major way.
    Secondly, it's not linked to frontpage. Even regular users can post there.

Anyhow, I moved this into General PS3 discussion until a trusted member or a trusted source confirms this being legit.
    After all, it's Aprils fools day
    hang on, im not a trusted source? I have been using this method now for a few months and it has worked?

:/

Unknown

wow, that was fast.

Retired

@Nikos: You stated that "it should work" not that you used it for months with a successful outcome.

Fair enough. Thread moved to PS3 news.
    If I haven't mentioned this already, I like your news posts. Nice and clean.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    @Nikos: You stated that "it should work" not that you used it for months with a successful outcome.

Fair enough. Thread moved to PS3 news.
    If I haven't mentioned this already, I like your news posts. Nice and clean.
    yea i said that because every home network and PlayStation setup is different so therefore, it is not 100% sure that it will work with everyone. Same with any hack to be honest.

And thanks, I hate unclean posts and news posts

edit: would like to know if others have gotten this working...?
    Last edited by PSP Nikos; 04-01-2010 at 02:56 PM.