network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    News Poster

Default PS3 Update 3.30 Now Available

Sony has just released a new firmware update for the Playstation 3.
    This update includes new features to the trophy system.

Here are the features Eric Lempel listed:

+ Trophy enhancements
    - Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]

+ Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)

+ Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)

+ Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

This update also prepares the PS3 for 3D televisions.

[Via PS Blog]

Last edited by guitarplayr16; 04-22-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Spot Veteran

i updated anyway, cuz i can care less for other os

Mmmmmm 3.3 for PS3, 3d, yummy, hee hee, happy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Blah View Post
    i updated anyway, cuz i can care less for other os
    you do realize that other OS feature is needed to install custom firmware, right? which was why it was removed in the first place.
    nonetheless, i'm updating. i'm not gonna sit around and wait for geohotz.

Ultra Member

Cool, Sony's making the move on 3D gaming and movies.

same here, updated aswell I already have Linux on my laptop.
    Useful Threads
    [x] [x] [x] [x]

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie78 View Post
    you do realize that other OS feature is needed to install custom firmware, right? which was why it was removed in the first place.
    If I had a ps3 Phatty, I would never deprive myself of online gaming just waiting on Geohot. The ps3 should remain unhacked. He should focus on that iphone coming out soon and stop trying to ruin my favorite system.

And sony, this update sucks. I want an appear offline feature, or a block users feature without deleting them . There's this fat girl trying to stalk me. HELP !!

I like the sort trophy option though. Keep my golds and silvers together.. I like that.
    Last edited by Kalitrius; 04-23-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Linux Enthusiast

^lol @ the fat stalker girl.

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie78 View Post
    You do realize that custom firmware will be installed without the otherOS feature. Hence why geohot said slims may have a chance to get the otherOS feature when using his new firmware.

The CFW will be installed like any normal update (Such as those in the PSP world)
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

Cookie Monstah!!!

Noticed the update this morning when i woke up to go to school realizing i woek up 2 hours earlier i turn ma ps3 on and it said please update. It was less than a week that i have updated to 3.21 and im tired of updating why didnt they add this features in the update from a week ago. Going to wait one or two weeks at least just in case sony decides to make another update just to ohh..idk.. play music on games or have aim on it.

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by darkgundamz View Post
    Noticed the update this morning when i woke up to go to school realizing i woek up 2 hours earlier i turn ma ps3 on and it said please update. It was less than a week that i have updated to 3.21 and im tired of updating why didnt they add this features in the update from a week ago. Going to wait one or two weeks at least just in case sony decides to make another update just to ohh..idk.. play music on games or have aim on it.
    Yeah, because that 10 minutes it takes to download and install is a PITA....