network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    News Poster

Default PlayStation Premium Service Announced

Today Sony announced at E3 their new premium service called "PlayStation Plus".

This is the list of features that you will get when you subscribe to PlayStation Plus:

+ Free games and DLC
    + Frequent discounts on PlayStation Store
    + Early invitations to select betas of popular games
    + Free monthly episodes of Qore – Playstation's high-definition, interactive gaming lifestyle show
    + New functionality such as Full Game Trial where you can “try before you buy” – play a Blu-ray or PSN game for up to one hour and then you can buy the game, download it and keep your progress and trophies.
    + Automatic Downloads that will push select demos, game related videos, patches and firmware updates to your PS3 so you don’t have to think about it.

The price of a 12 month (1 year) subscription is $49.99.
    The subscription can be bought for 3 months for $17.99.
    For a limited time, subscribe now and receive 3 months free - totalling to 15 months for $49.99.

The best thing of all, is that PSN remains free and features you currently have will not be taken away.

PlayStation Plus is more of an "add-on" to PSN.

[Via PS Blog]

Retired

Thumbs up for the news post.

I got scared when I read that, but knowing the current PSN service will remain free was reassuring.

For a split second I thought PSN would transform into some sort of XBL.

Ultra Member

THIS is how Xbox live should be.

Elite Poster

lol epic i thought they were going to make you p2p

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

I wonder if Sony would carry this over to the PSN User's PSPs. Not charge for the PSP itself, but if you have a PSPlus+ PSN ID, then if you sign onto your PSP with your PSPlus+ PSN ID then you should get some extra cool features. This would be a good move. This would prolly persuade people to drop CFW... or get a 2nd PSP just for the extra features. It would be a win/win for Sony don't you think?

Anyways people, don't forget, whatever games you get for "free" with your PSPlus+ Account will only be playable till you drop the PSPlus+. Lets say after your year of PSPlus+ is up and its time to renew it, if you don't renew, your games that you got for "free" will stop working and will not be playable.

Ultra Member

"+ New functionality such as Full Game Trial where you can “try before you buy” – play a Blu-ray or PSN game for up to one hour and then you can buy the game, download it and keep your progress and trophies. "

This feature is so full of win it's not even funny, if this were on the psp, it will stop people (some) from saying "Imma dl this game, just to try it"

But anyway, this feature will definitely bring users to the psn+ side. Qusetion: If I buy psn cards, will I be able to pay with those? 50 bucks for all of this is NOTHING, esp since it's not forced on you if you only want to play online.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dripz167 View Post
    This feature is so full of win it's not even funny, if this were on the psp, it will stop people (some) from saying "Imma dl this game, just to try it"
    Lol
    That's just an excuse most people use when they're busted with being pirates.

Not many who actually do it.

Unknown

Not bad at all. might try a year just to see what Sony's really up to. Xbox fans... STFU

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Will definitely get this, just not right now. Got some other priorities for now.

@ Dripz: I'm sure you can pay with PSN Cards for a PSPlus+ Account. I wonder if you get some free DLC also....? Not all, just some. That would be cool.

Its good to hear that Sony is bringing there online system better and better, When I first seen this I was also like OMFG now you need to pay to play online I was mad in-till I fully read the thread !

Im going to sign up with the yearly plan, When dose this fully launch?