network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    News Poster

Default PS3 Update FW 3.40 Out Now.

Update firmware 3.40 was supposed to come out last week, but will come out sometime this week instead.

Sony just announced the features of this new update:
    + PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network’s unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.

+ Photo Gallery:
    A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.

+ Video Editor & Uploader:
    Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.

+ Five Star Rating Support:
    Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.

+ Power Save Settings:
    The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

In addition to these new PS3 features, there will be a new Facebook application which allows you to "display your PlayStation Network profile on your Facebook account, find out which of your Facebook friends have a PSN account and send them a PlayStation Network friend request, view your PSN friends’ online status and add the PlayStation Network application tab to your Facebook user profile."

[Via PS Blog]

ugh! I was gonna post this but you beat me to it. (power went out in my house)
    Anyway, good i guess. I dont fool around with social networking so no biggy to me, but cant wait to get PSNPLUS, an edit videos on the XMB

Spot Veteran

It's out now. Downloading as of this post.
    PS3 MGS4 Bundle | Firmware 3.41 | 250GB Upgrade | PlayStation Plus

I <3 Big Boobies

Thanks for the notice Infiniti.

That Five * rating should be good. They should freaking add screenshots on some of the stuff they got up in the store.

PSN: DeadlyGmn

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

You can not add any videos that were added on to your PS3 prior to the 3.40 Update. Which means you have to delete the vid, and transfer it back onto your PS3 after the 3.40 Update. This blows hairy monkey balls. What a fail.

Anyways, we should all upload some movies lol.

EDIT: Also now you can see your friends Trophy Score without having to click on their name, it shows on their name instead.

Spot Veteran

While I really like 3.40 and the subscription to PS+ the 6.30 update friggin fails HARD.

All they've added was the ability to use your free PS+ downloads on the PSP and added what game_categories done for THE longest, and that's sorting your games by game format.

What's really funny is they didn't even do that right. Whatever you set the sorting to the first time, it doesn't stick. Once you do something else on the PSP, when you go back in GAME, your games aren't sorted the way you wanted them to be.

Right now i'm trying to find some new feature even if it's hella small to notice. Those two things can't be all.
    PS3 MGS4 Bundle | Firmware 3.41 | 250GB Upgrade | PlayStation Plus

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by leo9891 View Post
    You can not add any videos that were added on to your PS3 prior to the 3.40 Update. Which means you have to delete the vid, and transfer it back onto your PS3 after the 3.40 Update. This blows hairy monkey balls. What a fail.
    Thinking the same thing. On launch they got alot of free stuff which isnt bad at all. I wonder how big iNfamous really is. 3 month subscription = one psn card so i might give this a try soon.

i downloaded it last night but my ps3 stoped installing it at 70% and said there was an error

News Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kevinth13 View Post
    i downloaded it last night but my ps3 stoped installing it at 70% and said there was an error
    So what now?

Cookie Monstah!!!

another useless update by sony, -,-

where is my in-game music player?

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=