network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,006

    Default CECH-3000 "Lighter" PS3 system incoming


    As any smart company, Sony is always looking into ways to cut production price on their products. Information on the new ps3 model was revealed by a Japanese retailer who was briefed on the new unit which was said to be coming soon.

    Although there will not be many "outstanding" hardware changes we could expect to see less energy consumption from the new hardware. Current PS3 "slim" models use 230W to power the system where as the new model will consume only 200W. The new console is also said to weigh in at only 2.6kg bringing it's weight down from the current 3.0kg. Other changes such as minor improvements to the eject and power buttons can also be expected according to the informant.

    For those of you wondering about and price changes, no need to worry as pricing will remain the same as current CECH-2000 models. Production is said to already be underway and shipping will begin as soon as current stock clears.
    Last edited by Dmise; 06-27-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    __________

  2.    
  3. #2
    Linux Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmise View Post
    For those of you wondering about and price changes, no need to worry as pricing will remain the same as current CECH-2000 models. Production is said to already be underway and shipping will begin as soon as current stock clears.
    So in other words, a new system with fixed hardware and software to "patch" the obviously security flaws in the current models. And you pay the same price.
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

  4. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    So in other words, a new system with fixed hardware and software to "patch" the obviously security flaws in the current models. And you pay the same price.
    Well it sounds ugly when you put it like that..

    but yes that's about right
    __________

  5. #4
    Retired
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    So in other words, a new system with fixed hardware and software to "patch" the obviously security flaws in the current models. And you pay the same price.
    Heh, I forgot all about those security flaws in the actual PS3.
    Not exactly a huge teaser to upgrade though. "New PSU, less power consumption. Now pay us $300".

  6. #5
    News Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    421

    Default

    It's nice seeing how the PS3 is evolving, ever since the first 60GB *tears*


  7. #6
    Linux Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarplayr16 View Post
    It's nice seeing how the PS3 is devolving, ever since the first 60GB *tears*
    * ten char
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

  8. #7
    News Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    * ten char
    True in many aspects, but to me, they are actually making money now which is a good thing haha.

    Do you know how much Sony lost from the original PS3s?


  9. #8
    Linux Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarplayr16 View Post
    True in many aspects, but to me, they are actually making money now which is a good thing haha.

    Do you know how much Sony lost from the original PS3s?
    Not much, they were priced accordingly. And people did buy them. I have one of the original PS3's bought the 1st day of it's release. But in order to get people to buy the PS3's they've had to strip it of everything good it had going for it.

    Then after the initial stripping of hardware, they've started stripping the software too, which has no real value (price-wise) to it. But was still very usable :P
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

  10. #9
    News Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    Not much, they were priced accordingly. And people did buy them. I have one of the original PS3's bought the 1st day of it's release. But in order to get people to buy the PS3's they've had to strip it of everything good it had going for it.

    Then after the initial stripping of hardware, they've started stripping the software too, which has no real value (price-wise) to it. But was still very usable :P
    Well, they lost over 3 billion dollars.

    Didn't know if you considered that "not much".

    Sony Lost Over $3 Billion To PS3 Cost, Pricing Imbalance


  11. #10
    Linux Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarplayr16 View Post
    Well, they lost over 3 billion dollars.

    Didn't know if you considered that "not much".

    Sony Lost Over $3 Billion To PS3 Cost, Pricing Imbalance
    Chump change compared to what they've really got in the banks
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts