network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default [Merged] All about 6.20 Vreg

Announcement Vreg has announced that the development of 6.20 Vreg has come to an end. Continue reading here and here.

So basicly, I managed to fully decrypt the 6.20 OFW and now I am trying to make a CFW of it with the name: 6.20 VREG. Now this is how I am going to accomplish this, I am a programmer and I use a PSP for about 2 years now and I thought it might get time I used my skills to do something back for you guys. I am at the moment figuring out what does what (of the PSP system files) and such and I am also comparing a decrypted 5.50 OFW with a 5.50 GEN to see how the GEN team did it. I am going to use some drivers from DAX and also some stuff from the GEN team. I'm planning to edit the GEN Recovery Menu into my own, I'm planning to use their crack for launching homebrew and I'm going to use their plugin system for my CFW, however I'm going to use some basic drivers from m33. So yeah, that's it. Wish me luck. I'll let you guys know more after some progress. Sorry for the bad English, I'm from Armenia.

EDIT: Guys, I got good and some bad news, the good news is that I got myself a team, I'm really good with computers and regular programming for computers and my teammate's an expert with the psp but less with programming, so we are combining our knowledge to boost the PSP's firmware. For the bad news, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, we'll actully I wasn't thinking it would BE easy but what so ever, I was trying to use the basic structures from 5.50 and to combine it with 6.20 but apparently Sony changed the keys completely so we need to find exploits for the 6.20, we already know that the iso and cso's are scratched and you need another method for running the iso and cso's, you need to convert it into an EBOOT (we are not sure but that's just an idea) and at the moment we are looking for some savegame exploits, we got ourselves 20 UMD's for testing since the UMD doesn't need an IPL to run. Anyways while my teammate's working on finding the exploits for 6.00 since it's less secured and after we got that fully hacked we'll move on and try to hack 6.20 but it shouldn't be so hard then because 6.20's keys are based on 6.00's keys, I am making 4.01 VREG, 5.00 VREG and 5.50 VREG, just for learing something more about our precious PSP system. We'll that's it and I might release those 4.01 VREG, 5.00 VREG and 5.50 VREG when they are finished, not sure yet but as I said we are looking for some exploits now for the 6.00. Thank you for your attention and I'm not planning to contact GEN, I'm not planning to use their source and since I'm looking for exploits it means that our firmware won't be based of anything at all, maybe some m33 drivers but not GEN because GEN is 5.50 atm and we can't do anything with that. My teammate's identity will be keeped secret after we realease a first BETA.
    Last edited by Psyko; 06-27-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Spot Veteran

Good to know that somebody's trying to make another CFW but don't forget the homebrew support. I hope you'll succeed on your 6.20VREG Hope to see it soon.
    Goodluck!!

The BEST thing that I like in Custom Firmware is that it can use custom themes unlike in Official Firmware. If official firmware can use ctf themes I'll switch to Official Firmware.

For CTF themes for 5.00m33, 5.03GEN, 5.50GEN-D3 and other Tutorials please visit my PAGE.

The Moogle

If you actually start shelling out releases, I'll believe you. Or if you include snippets of your code of course. Until then, you're just another kid claiming to be a professional hax0r.

The Hoe Strangler

Quote Originally Posted by Joomla12 View Post
    If you actually start shelling out releases, I'll believe you. Or if you include snippets of your code of course. Until then, you're just another kid claiming to be a professional hax0r.
    nuff said.

Retired

I'm not sure if I should put a ban on you, as we earlier announced that all people claiming to be developing a new CFW without any form of evidence would get a one day ban, and their thread locked.

By all means, I'm not trying to disencourage you. I just think you bit off a larger chunk than you could chew.

I'm having a hard time believing you.
    Just a few days ago, you posted a thread (which got deleted) where you asked how to decrypt the 6.20 OFW.
    Sure, noob mistake perhaps?

A couple of months ago you posted a thread with the music.prx edited for 5.50 compatibility. This was deemed to be a HEX edit.

I hope we can see some WIP videos soon enough, not just some more informative posts.
    Last edited by Psyko; 06-19-2010 at 04:39 PM.

The Moogle

Even videos wouldn't prove much. We saw this with MAC.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Joomla12 View Post
    Even videos wouldn't prove much. We saw this with MAC.
    A legit video could be the difference between fake and real.
    MAC were busted because of their sloppy video.

Or, OP could let SchmilK or some other trusted person try the firmware for reals.

Sorry I didnt know it wasnt allowed posting something without any proof, however I am a skilled programmer and just got into PSP programming, im not alone, i have a team helping me that know more than me about the psp, anyway, ill post proof as soon as we get progress, and that will be proof of good quality and so that you cant doubt, and sorry for the typos on my old samsung phone.

News Poster

Well, best of luck mate.
    This is rather hard to believe, I must admit.. (I have already read a few things that make me strongly suspicious)

The PSP scene has saw more than it's share of fakers, so don't be surprised at the lack of the communities enthusiasm.

If you are for real, than it is great news, and the scene would be grateful for such a release.

Good luck.

Sig by Mr_Nick666

XMB Creator

lol.....that's to good to be true...even if it had some trace of truth, if you JUST wake up one day and decide hey lets make CFW nothing good can come of it.

^Thanks go to gman for this sig!^

Themes:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast